Derse, a face-to-face experiential marketing company that specializes in the design, fabrication, and program management for trade shows, business environments and events, is searching for a Divisional Operations Director for its division located in Waukegan, IL.
- Directly oversee production, project management, and logistics departments.
- Assess the needs of production, project management/detailing, logistics staff & make recommendations accordingly.
- Responsible for project performance, budget maintenance and overall profitability.
- Provide operational solutions for customers’ projects.
- Prepare Capacity Report & update for weekly production meeting.
- Oversee preparation of Long-Term and Daily Schedules.
- Lead weekly production and department meetings.
- Quality Control:
- Responsible for monitoring quality to ensure production is meeting client & Derse objectives.
- Manage time and costs associated with projects to ensure budgets are met.
- Work with Production Supervisor in driving divisional safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Conduct quarterly safety meetings.
- Complete annual divisional safety audit with insurance company & HR.
- Oversee new hire and annual safety training for employees.
- Conduct performance reviews on all direct reports and provide coaching/mentorship.
- Work with HR on any employee relation matters.
- Minimum of (5) years of management/supervision experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strong leadership and mentor staff is required.
- Hands on knowledge of fixtures/cabinet-making/millwork trades.
- Custom environment/job shop experience preferred.
- Highly organized, flexible and ability to work necessary hours in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Please send resume and salary requirements to derse.com/careers