We are a leading fabrication company in Huntington Beach, CA that specializes in the production of tradeshow exhibits, themed environments, scenic displays, custom retail and kiosks and demo stations. We are looking to hire a qualified and dynamic Estimator/Project Manager that is seeking a professional and rewarding career in this industry.
Estimator/Project Manager: Job Summary
As an Estimator this position is responsible for preparing custom fabrication estimates with applicable logistics estimating per a given design. In addition, as the Project Manager this position will be responsible for fabrication and production-related communication flow and coordination between all company resources where it relates to assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Estimator duties – Including but not limited to:
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists in preparation for estimating.
- Compute cost factors and prepares estimates used for Account Management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
Project Manager Duties – Including but not limited to:
- Manage project budgets, estimates, timelines and workforce.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Facilitate meetings related to projects with appropriate personnel to communicate project deadlines and details.
- Prepare cost analysis by summarizing material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within the client budget.
- Manage multiple projects of medium-to-large size simultaneously, and their respective project teams of varying sizes, complexity and backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain project plans, report progress as required, escalate issues, and facilitate project reviews when necessary.
- Contribute to thoughtful and creative discussions with Account Management department on resource and scheduling, plans and challenges.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Full knowledge of fabrication and logistics estimating with a variety of materials.
- Work history demonstrating experience in design-estimating, fabrication & installations.
- Previous experience in custom exhibit fabrication industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
- Approximately 20% travel required.
- Ability to:
- Perform well, individually and in a team environment.
- Work evenings and weekends during heavy production periods as necessary.
- Be extremely detail orientated and organized.
- Communicate with clients.
- To read and understand drawings and specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of in estimating and/or project management
- A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted.
Our company offers top industry salaries, great benefits that include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(K), and paid vacation. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org