Pictured: Sciensio, Winners of the 2017 Tech Watch Award
IBTM World has announced a shortlist of nine finalists for its prestigious IBTM World Tech Watch Award. The winner will be announced on November 28 at IBTM World 2018, which takes place at Fira Barcelona from November 27-29.
In addition, this year sees the introduction of the “Tech Watch People’s Choice Award,” which gives the MICE industry the opportunity to vote on which event technology they’re excited to see breakthrough into the industry and which new technology they believe would add value for their businesses.
The shortlist has been decided by a panel of well-known experts from the events and technology industries and includes an AU event marketing and analytics platform, facial recognition systems and cloud-based event tech products. All finalists are technology companies with new products or services relevant to the meetings, incentive, conference and events industry.
This year’s finalists are:
- Kubify, an interactive e-poster system;
- Cadmium CD, a meeting room scheduling/resource management system and event logistic management platform;
- Radario, an AI event marketing and analytics platform;
- Event Tech Tribe, group marketing of cloud-based event tech products, including Hubb, which provides an appointment management system and app, and MeetingSelect, a venue sourcing site;
- Zenus, Inc and Fielddrive, facial recognition registration;
- Spacebase, which provides direct booking of unique venue meeting space;
- IVvy, a direct meeting space booking system for hotels;
- SpiceFactory, a speaker management system and intuitive chatbot;
- Eventfolio, a multi-event management system*
“Innovation is alive and well in the events industry as evidenced in this year’s IBTM World Tech Watch Award,” says Corbin Ball, chair of IBTM World Tech Watch judging panel. “A large number of entrants point to several emerging event tech trends including facial recognition, artificial intelligence, advances in analytics, novel e-poster options, creative cloud-based alliances and more. Speaking for the judging committee, I would like to congratulate this year’s finalists on providing important contributions in advancing the MICE industry.”
Each entry is scored against innovation, concept/business model and value to the MICE industry. From the nine finalists, judges will now vote for a winner in each category, one of which will be named Tech Watch Award 2018 winner on November 28 at IBTM World in Barcelona.
“IBTM World is this year centered around the theme of technology and how it can enhance every aspect of producing great events,” says Shane Hannam, portfolio director, IBTM. “The standard and breadth of entries we received this year was incredibly high, and the addition of our People’s Choice award this year gives our attendees the chance to have their say in which cutting edge technology they feel could really make a difference to their business. For the entrants, it’s a great opportunity to showcase their exciting new products and solutions to a highly engaged global audience and past finalists and winners have told us that making it to the finalist stage has been of tangible benefit to growing their business.”
The Tech Watch Award is the industry’s longest-standing award of its kind, and is extremely well recognized across the MICE industry, thanks to the exposure winners receive during and post the event, as well as its high-profile judges.
Entries are being judged by a panel of well-known experts from the events and technology industries.
- Corbin Ball, a tech industry stalwart, will chair the illustrious judging panel which includes:
- Michelle Bruno, president of Bruno Group Signature Events;
- Dahlia El Gazzar, founder of DAHLIA+ Inc;
- Ruud Janssen, founder of TNOC.org and co-founder EMG;
- Pádraic Gilligan, managing partner at SoolNua;
- James Morgan founder of Event Tech Lab and
- Michael Shapiro from Northstar Meetings Group
Voting for the People’s Choice Award is set to take place via the IBTM World website and social media channels in the run up to the event.
IBTM World 2018 is scheduled Nov. 27-29 at Fira Barcelona. For more info, visit http://www.ibtmworld.com