PCMA has opened registration for its 2019 Convening Leaders flagship event, taking place from January 6-9, 2019, at the David. L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Penn. The conference hopes to attract more than 4,000 industry professionals for four days of topical educational sessions, innovative industry insight and networking opportunities under the “Disrupt & Deliver” theme.
“As an inclusive and creative organization, PCMA is helping our members leverage knowledge to enable their organizational success,” says Sherrif Karamat, PCMA’s president and CEO. “We look forward to having industry professionals join us in Pittsburgh where together we can shape the future of the business events industry.”
Convening Leaders serves as a catalyst for organizational success and personal and professional development. “Disrupt & Deliver” will teach attendees how to drive global and social transformation through business events through:
- Innovative and inspiring speakers. Joining Convening Leaders 2019 are Steve Pemberton, chief human resources officer of Globoforce, whose best-selling book, A Chance in the World, chronicles his foster care experience and ability to overcome adversity, and Nadya Okamoto, who as a high school student in 2014, co-founded the non-profit “Period” to provide feminine products to the homeless.
- Building personal and professional relationships. Delegates can attend a hack-athon session tackling industry challenges and group sessions that foster collaborations are among the opportunities to create and reinforce lasting relationships.
- A creative, cultural backdrop. Pittsburgh is a vibrant city where pop artist Andy Warhol was born and “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood” children’s television show got its start. The City of Bridges is home to renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater, a home the Smithsonian put on its must-see list of places. Pittsburgh is also home to the Pittsburgh Steelers (football), Pirates (baseball) and Penguins (hockey). It’s where you’ll learn to say “yinz” instead of “you.”
- A new test kitchen area. Convening Leaders 2019’s Innovate and Elevate Arena will feature an interactive exhibit demonstrating the latest technology tools for the business events industry and provide opportunities to experience how brands engage with consumers.
- Programming. PCMA’s premier programming is streamlined and customized for Convening Leaders 2019. Eight distinct programming tracks were created using input from key industry leaders.
For more info, visit conveningleaders.org.