Keynote speakers have been announced for the Roads & Traffic Expo Thailand 2020, which will be held Feb. 12-13 at BITEC, Bangkok.
Officials from the Ministry of Transport, Department of Highways, Digital Economy Promotion Agency, Department of Rural Roads, Royal Thai Police, Thailand Board of Investment and ITS Finland will discuss Thailand’s latest road transportation and infrastructure developments.
Keynote speakers and topics include:
– Passakorn Prathombutr, Senior Executive Vice President, Digital Technology and Innovation Development, Digital Economy Promotion Agency: Thailand’s 4.0 vision
– Narit Therdsteerasukdi, Deputy Secretary-General, Board of Investment: Investing in Thailand’s infrastructure development
– Salminen Karri, Chairman of the Board, ITS Finland: Mobility as a service-new way to move
– Tanachai Lorapibankul, Department of Rural Road: Developing Thailand’s rural road for the future of transport connectivity
– Wanchai Yusang, Deputy Commander of Traffic Police Division, Royal Thai Police: Alleviating traffic problems across Thailand through smart mobility adoption
Sustainable development of the nation’s transport infrastructure is a key focus of Thailand’s Ministry of Transport. In line with the Thailand 4.0 vision, the 20-year National Transport Infrastructure Investment Plan 2017-2036 is geared towards achieving transport efficiency and creating green, safe, inclusive and innovative transport. By harnessing the power of digital technologies, and building out and renewing transport networks and systems, the government is making an unprecedented acceleration in making Thailand a hub for connectivity.
To drive greater public infrastructure investment and increase investor confidence, the government has also rolled out its Transport Infrastructure Investment Plan, which is linked to the 20-year National Strategy and the 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan, and emphasizes transport modality shifts, increased connectivity, and enhanced mobility.
The Thai government is committed to innovating Thailand’s transport sector, partnering with various stakeholders including manufacturers and connectivity providers, as they work to solve challenges in urbanization, sustainability, security, global competitiveness, and economic development.
Terrapinn events inspire and transform business, sparking ideas, innovations and relationships that transform business for over 30 years. Using its global footprint, Terrapinn brings innovators, disrupters and change agents together, discussing and demonstrating the technology, strategies and personalities that are changing the way the world does business. For more info, visit www.terrapinn.com/roadstrafficexpothailand