(Pictured: UFI’s Next Generation Leadership grantees in Bangkok)
UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, announced the launch of the 2020 Next Generation Leadership Grant, which recognizes and supports the best talent in the exhibition industry.
With the grant, UFI is committed to empowering talented exhibition professionals by providing them with a platform to express their views on the future of the industry. Applications are now open for the fifth edition of the program. Up to five industry professionals who demonstrate clear initiatives for driving change and innovation within their areas of activity will receive grants.
The deadline for grant applications is March 6. An international jury, led by UFI President Mary Larkin, will select the future leaders based on their exceptional initiative in driving change and innovation in their sector of the exhibition industry.
The chosen grantees will have the opportunity to present to high-level industry professionals at the UFI Global Congress 2020 in Muscat (Oman). Furthermore, they will benefit from 12 months of mentoring from an executive-level industry representative. Grantees will also gain exposure for their companies through UFI’s global communications.
NGL Grant applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be a full-time employee in the exhibition industry
- have no more than ten years of work experience in the exhibition industry
- be motivated to participate in the program while managing work responsibilities (between three and five extra hours per month)
All NGL grantees will participate in an 18-month program alongside their work commitments covering:
- a workshop with all chosen grantees at the UFI European Conference in Gothenburg (June 2020), followed by six months of joint preparation work during which grantees will prepare for the UFI Global Congress 2020
- a unique speaking opportunity at the UFI Global Congress 2020 (Nov. 9-12), where grantees will present a session to industry professionals
- twelve months of exclusive mentoring from an executive-level mentor (November 2020-October 2021), who will provide a safe and confidential environment to learn, test ideas and discuss work-related challenges and opportunities
“The UFI Next Generation Leadership Grant is all about promoting the diverse talent we have in the exhibition industry all around the world, and giving our rising professionals the international recognition and opportunities they deserve,” Larkin says.
The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry: UFI is the leading global trade association of the world’s tradeshow organizers and exhibition center operators, as well as the major national and international exhibition associations, and selected partners of the exhibition industry. UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support the business interests of its members and the exhibition industry. UFI directly represents around 50,000 exhibition industry employees globally, and also works closely with its 54 national and regional association members. For more info, visit www.ufi.org