From today, business event organizations can shine a light on their sustainability successes and share their learnings with others by applying for the 2023 IMEX-EIC Innovation in Sustainability Award.
The award – open to organizers, venues and suppliers – champions the ambition and achievements of teams who are raising the bar in sustainable event innovation. The closing deadline is February 6.
Applications are now open for the award which has been designed to celebrate meeting, incentive and exhibition professionals driving sustainability through innovation, collaboration and idea-sharing.
Their accomplishments will be reviewed by a global panel of judges from across the business events sector, with the winner announced at the IMEX Frankfurt Gala Dinner in May.
The judges lending their experience and expertise are:
• Courtney Lohmann – Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, PRA Business Events
• Jaime Nack – President, Three Squares Inc
• Roger Simons – Director of Sustainability, Marina Bay Sands
• Stephanie Jones – Managing Director, Professional Development and Event Strategy, Water Environment Federation
• Bettina Reventlow-Mourier – Deputy Convention Director – Head of Congress, Copenhagen Convention Bureau and winner of the 2022 IMEX-EIC Innovation in Sustainability Award.
The awards place a very deliberate focus on innovation and creative thinking. These skills are key to driving environmental improvements as evidenced at the recent UN Climate Change Conference COP27 where innovative approaches to tackle climate change were highlighted, notably in the areas of energy, food and buildings.