A litany of changes, including a new leadership team, is in store for users and visitors at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC).
AEG Facilities, the new management company for the LACC, named veteran tradeshow executive Brad Gessner as the Center’s senior vice president and general manager. AEG also presented its new leadership team, which includes:
- Keith Hilsgen, vice president of finance
- Ellen Schwartz, vice president of sales and marketing
- Greg Rosicky, vice president of operations
- Carisa Malanum, vice president of event services
- Ruben Lechuga, director of security
- Angela Baker, director of human resources
In addition, a number of program changes are in the works designed to make the LACC more efficient, according to management executives.
LACC will allow exhibitors to select specific services from in-house preferred provider lists, upgraded culinary options will be made available, and an in-house audio-visual provider, Encore Event Technologies (a division of the Freeman Company) will be the new LACC “house sound,” executives said.
The LACC attracts more than 2.5 million visitors annually, creating an annual local economic impact of $1.1 billion to Southern California.