Providing immediate feedback on program highlights and educational sessions while increasing productivity will be easier for attendees at the Americas Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) scheduled June 11-13 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Sponsored by Tourism Vancouver and developed by GenieConnect, the new app will add to the show’s promise of crowdsourcing by allowing attendees to provide immediate feedback on anything from the keynote addresses to education sessions.
“The use of the IBTM Global Events app goes hand in hand with this year’s theme, which calls for maximum interactivity,” said Jaime Rosov, marketing director, AIBTM. “Our goal is to elicit as much attendee feedback as possible to ‘Define The Future of Meetings … Together,’ and the mobile app will serve as a platform to help make that happen.”
In addition to its crowdsourcing functionality, the app contains nine sections specifically designed to keep attendees organized and up to date. The nine sections are:
• Program, which houses the schedule of events and specialty features for each day of the show.
• Speakers, which offers an alphabetized list of all speakers scheduled to present during education sessions.
• Exhibitors, which gives an alphabetized list of all exhibitors and their booth numbers, searchable by exhibitor type or product interest.
• My Event, which allows attendees to personalize their AIBTM experience by creating their own agenda and adding favorites.
• Maps, which provide a state of the art interactive map of the show floor.
• News & Social, which includes access to AIBTM’s social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and i-Meet along with Tourism Vancouver’s twitter feed.
• My Guide, which offers general information about AIBTM, McCormick Place, Tourism Vancouver and different events taking place throughout the course of the show.
• Messages, which allows attendees to receive important alerts and messages regarding show floor activities and networking opportunities; and,
• Local Guide, which provides an alphabetized list of local vendors, including restaurants and bars for those interested in exploring Chicago.
“Tourism Vancouver is proud to sponsor the AIBTM mobile app this year,” said Rachael Nocera, manager of meetings and convention sales, Tourism Vancouver. “We are committed to leveraging technology to create smarter, more efficient meetings for our partners. This app will help AIBTM attendees do just that by staying up-to-date with all the show happenings.”
The app also will enhance the experience for attendees well beyond the show floor and educational sessions.
“We are delighted to be working with AIBTM again this year and supporting them to deliver an event app which will help all of the attendees get the very most out of their participation at the show,” said Jackie Groves, vice president of sales and marketing, GenieConnect.
The AIBTM is a global exhibition for the U.S. meetings and events industry and delivers individually qualified hosted buyers and eligible trade buyers from the United States and around the world. Tailored to the U.S. market, the AIBTM serves and guarantees the attendance of top-level decision-makers.