AIM Group International, a leading company in congresses, events and communication, presents the results of the Lions Club’s International Convention held in on July in Milan, Italy.
Securing the world convention for the city of Milan was a great success as it was the fourth time that the event came to Europe. This result was achieved thanks to the joint effort of a successful bid team comprising Fiera Milano Congressi, the Municipality of Milan, Lions Club Italy and AIM Group International.
The conference sessions were hosted at MiCo Milano Convention Center and managed by MiCodmc. Furthermore, this mega event also included numerous social, charity and flagship events that took place over several weeks in June and July.
AIM Group’s role was multifaceted and involved supporting the smooth organization of the event, especially in the following key areas:
- Social activities. AIM developed a personalized program, leveraging the varied cultural, artistic and gastronomic assets of Milan with nine gala dinners, 28 entertainment and experiential activities such cooking classes, photographic safaris and cultural visits were among the events offered to the guests.
- International Parade of Nations. AIM supported the organization of a spectacular parade attended by more than 15.000 delegates who marched through Milan’s city center.
- Comprehensive transport plan. AIM managed all logistics including keeping track of all the arrivals and departures to and from many international airports; all the transfers from hotels to the congress center; and local transfers to the various events and to the Parade. Over the 20 days of events AIM transferred 85.000 people. AIM also provided special assistance (wheelchairs, medical walkers and scooters) for disabled and mobility impaired people).
- AIM managed accommodation for the VIP and LCI delegations and processed more than 20.000 visa requests.
- Pre- and post-convention tours. AIM designed tailored-made packages to visit other fascinating Italian destinations, from Florence and Venice to Positano and Sicily.
All of the events were successfully managed and smoothly realized to the great satisfaction of guests and LCI organizers.
“The International Convention of Lions Clubs is a once-in-a-lifetime event,” says Mario Castellaneta, host committee chair: “We are very satisfied with the results. It would have been impossible for us to organize this event without the organizational help and professionalism of AIM Group International and MiCodmc. They supported us in all the key issues. It was very important for us”.
“We have been working at this project since 2011 and we are now really satisfied that we have been a key part of it,” says Rosangela Quieti, managing director of congress division at AIM Group. “Our dedicated teams had to be highly responsive in order to face the multiple requests, logistics changes, last-minute ideas, even crisis management, while simultaneously managing the planned events with so large numbers. The key to success was flexibility and problem solving. We are really proud that we never uttered the word ‘no’ to any client or delegate. Each day, we received requests that were big and small, standard and peculiar and we dealt with each one with a smile and the best possible solution: that was the common attitude and it is one take-away for our teams. We are ready for managing other mega events in the future”.
Lions Clubs International Convention in numbers: 25.000+ participants; 20.000 VISA requests managed; 56 embassies and consulates contacted; 46 hotels managed for VIP & LCI delegations.
International Parade: 15.000 people at the parade; 2 kilometer itinerary & assembly area; 4 kilometer way barriers; 28 marching bands; 15 Italian classical cars parade; 190 security personnel and volunteers.
Transportation: 20 days of service; 85,000 people transferred; 50 wheelchairs, medical walkers and scooters for mobility impaired people; 800 signs; 250 on-site assistants (bus, airport, hotel and transfers).
AIM Group International has worked in the meeting and event management industry for almost 60 years. AIM is committed to help clients reach their goals, to personalize their event experiences, to provide an innovative environment, and to make a difference. For more info, visit aimgroupinternational.com