Meeting planning professionals and executives are using their trusted Global Sales Organization (GSO) and National Sales Organization (NSO) relationships more — in preparation of their upcoming meetings, conventions, and incentive programs — for good reasons. Among the many advantages, in addition to the “one-stop shop” relationship aspect with the GSO, is that GSOs have a diversity of options, locales, and services from which to research, consider and choose.
GSOs can help identify the best values for the organization and the right hotel/resort solution, in the precise geographic vicinity, which fares best for the particular management objectives and attendee experience.
“Our ‘ALHI Distinctive Discoveries’ are unique gems that offer extraordinary experiences,” said Jim Schultenover, president, ALHI. “Companies and organizations are always looking for clever and unique ways to mix business with motivation. These appealing options do just that, with truly inspiring venues and locations. I’ve heard the quote ‘Don’t let your budget limit your imagination,’ and that mentality can be liberating for coordinating very motivating programs. The ALHI Global Sales team is here to share ideas and opportunities with planners to find the best choice for their program.”
ALHI’s new “Distinctive Discoveries” options consists of unique hotels and resorts that can provide extraordinary “bucket list” type of experiences for groups. Among their Four- and Five-Diamond worldwide portfolio are packages for board of directors meeting, executive retreat, strategic planning creative meeting and similar programs.
- Beach Village at The Del (Coronado/San Diego, California) – Tucked next to the legendary Hotel del Coronado, this exclusive enclave elevates the beach experience to the highest level. Featuring 78 secluded luxury cottages and villas that have gourmet kitchens, cozy fireplaces, spectacular ocean views, and top-of-the-line amenities, this “resort within a resort” features three private pools, a stunning oceanfront terrace with fire pits and lounge chairs, personal concierge service, and VIP access to the wonderful world of The Del.
- Casa Palmero (Pebble Beach, California) – Part of the renowned Pebble Beach Resorts, this exquisite Mediterranean-style estate is an intimate oasis with a fantastic setting along the first fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links, and adjacent to The Spa at Pebble Beach. Providing Old World charm, it offers 24 spacious guest rooms (each featuring a wood-burning fireplace) and state-of-the-art meeting facilities perfect for corporate or social retreats.
- Cloud Camp (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – The Broadmoor’s Cloud Camp boasts an incredible setting, positioned at 9,200 feet at the summit of gorgeous Cheyenne Mountain. Guests have the unique option of either a ride by 4-wheel drive vehicle, mule, or for the more adventurous, a rewarding three-hour guided hike to the camp’s location. Providing unobstructed 360 degree views, this is a truly inspiring refuge.
- Gateway Canyons (Gateway, Colorado) – Established by the founder of the Discovery Channel, John Hendricks, this very elegant and unforgettable resort features a breathtaking setting in the red rock canyons of western Colorado, along with its own Adventure Center, providing groups with everything they need for the ultimate, adrenaline-filled immersion of once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Enhance the group’s experience even more by adding in a Gateway Canyons Air Tour to fly over some of the most spectacular scenery in the world.
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk (San Antonio, Texas) – Boasting impeccable architectural craftsmanship, elegant rich furnishings, and unparalleled personal service, this exquisite “gem” of a hotel features a beautiful setting on the banks of the famed San Antonio River Walk, and is ideally situated in the heart of Houston Street’s theater, restaurant, and business districts. Unique attributes in the 213 guest rooms include the seven-layer, custom-made “Valencia Bed” topped with a down-filled comforter and lush faux mink throw.
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club on Cape Cod (Brewster, Massachusetts) – For a distinctly New England experience on the immaculate shores of Cape Cod, this glorious 429-acre resort features premier event options such as the inspiring Mansion lawn, and the historic Mansion and Carriage House.
- Ocean Villas at Turtle Bay Resort (North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii) – Situated on Oahu’s fabled North Shore on a gorgeous peninsula, the newly renovated Turtle Bay Resort offers awe-inspiring ocean views from every guest accommodation, which includes the exclusive and luxurious Ocean Villas just steps from the beach. The latter features a private pool, courtyard, Jacuzzi, and barbecue area.
- One&Only Ocean Club (Paradise Island, Bahamas) – This once-private beachfront estate reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand Colonial manor. Providing a personal butler 24 hours a day, the elegant resort has 105 luxurious guest rooms, suites, and villas, as well as exceptional venues such as Versailles-inspired gardens with a 12th-century Augustinian cloister. Guests also have access to the spectacular waterscape and casino at nearby Atlantis.
- Rosewood Tucker’s Point (Hamilton Parish, Bermuda) — Gracing 240 of Bermuda’s most beautiful coastal acres, the sophisticated tropical hideaway is the centerpiece of Tucker’s Point Club, a premier resort, golf club and residential community that neighbors the estates of Tucker’s Town and offers tremendous vistas of the ocean and sound. Featuring the largest private pink-sand beach on Bermuda, the resort also offers appealing and unique event spaces such as a croquet lawn.
- Royal Palms Resort and Spa (Phoenix, Arizona) – Featuring magnificent views of Camelback Mountain, this Spanish Mediterranean-style estate has the alluring ambiance of a private secluded residence. Offering 119 lavishly appointed guest rooms set amidst lush courtyards and blooming gardens, the resort also features enchanting stone walkways, fragrant citrus groves, and inspiring outdoor venues.
- Salamander Resort & Spa (Middleburg, Virginia) – One of the most unique meeting destinations in the U.S., this resort is situated on 340 acres in the foothills of the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains amid Virginia’s famed horse and wine country. Among the resort’s enticing offerings is an Equestrian Program which can be used for out-of-the-norm and inspiring team-building programs, as well as the option of holding a meeting in the incredible and memorable 100-year-old Stallion Barn.
- Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort & Spa (St. George’s, Grenada) – While it may not be as well-known as other Caribbean islands, Grenada is the ultimate playground for those in-the-know, with pristine natural beauty and this impressive resort which is home to Sandals’ most elaborate accommodations to date. Accommodations include indulgent Millionaire Suites and the uber-sophisticated Skypool Suites, with top-tier accommodations including butler service and private infinity-edge plunge pools right on the balcony.
- Skylofts at MGM Grand (Las Vegas, Nevada) – For an unparalleled Five-Star experience in Las Vegas, this exclusive sanctuary is the ultimate top-of-the-line choice with sweeping panoramic views and first-class service. Even if your group has been to Las Vegas before, they have definitely not “been there, done that” if they have not yet experienced this gem.
- Sunriver Resort (Sunriver, Oregon) – For any group seeking a true “destination resort” you cannot surpass the spectacular beauty or recreational opportunities available year-round at this mountain retreat, as it perfectly captures the grandeur of the Northwest with a setting nestled between the towering Cascade Mountains and the High Desert.
- Sun Valley Lodge (Sun Valley, Idaho) – Offering incomparable beauty with nearly one million acres of mountain ambiance, Sun Valley Resort features an impressive array of outdoor recreational options. This ranges from golf on Idaho’s top-rated course, to skeet shooting, to some of the nation’s very best skiing in the winter. The charming alpine village’s already-exceptional Sun Valley Lodge will soon be even better, as it will complete a spectacular renovation in the summer of 2015 which will include refurbished guest rooms, and the remodeling of the lobby, restaurant, and other guest amenities.
- The Lodge & Club (Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida) – Panoramic vistas of the Atlantic Ocean and sweeping beach provide a dramatic setting for The Lodge’s 66 luxurious rooms and suites, which feature exquisite furnishings. Boasting an atmosphere of sheer indulgence, the Northeast Florida oceanfront resort features Mediterranean-inspired architecture and has the feel of a quaint seaside European village.
- The Lodge at Sea Island (St. Simon’s, Georgia) and The Cloister on Sea Island (Sea Island, Georgia) — Want inspiration for your group? How about meeting on Sea Island, one of only six U.S. destinations to have hosted a G8 Summit of world leaders? Featuring the beachfront 175-room The Cloister and the incredible 40-room The Lodge which is reminiscent of an English country manor, both are recipients of the acclaimed Forbes Five-Star rating.
- The Ranch at Emerald Valley (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – Set in the midst of 100,000 acres of the Pike National Forest, at an elevation of 8,200 feet, The Broadmoor’s The Ranch at Emerald Valley is an all-inclusive enclave that is a true Colorado wilderness retreat, with beautifully appointed cabins, an amazing setting overlooking two pristine mountain lakes, and oh-so-picturesque hiking trails – making it perfect for executive retreats.
- The Sebastian Vail (Vail, Colorado) – Featuring an enviable location in the heart of truly scenic Vail Village in the central Rocky Mountains, this distinctive, sophisticated, and hip year-round retreat is also known for its exceptional level of service. Among the many enticing offerings are ski-in/ski-out access, the award-winning Bloom Spa, a mountain-view pool, and an impressive art collection displayed throughout the entire property. Add in its ideal setting on the main pedestrian thoroughfare with more than 100 boutiques, restaurants, clubs, and art galleries, and it is a very appealing choice for groups.
- Villas of Grand Cypress (Orlando, Florida) – An investment of more than $100,000 per luxury guest room has ushered in a new era of comfort and enhanced standards at the Villas of Grand Cypress. With its appealing atmosphere of seclusion and easy proximity to Central Florida’s many popular attractions (including its location adjacent to Walt Disney World), this lush 1,500-acre resort is an inviting haven that offers such engaging activities as 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature-designed golf, the renowned Grand Cypress Academy of Golf, and nightly views of Epcot’s fireworks displays (weather permitting).