The SEGD Branded Environments event returns to the Digital Signage Expo March 31-April 3 in Las Vegas for the fourth year in a row by popular demand with a diverse lineup of speakers, tour offerings and opportunities to connect with fellow participants as well as the local design community. SEGD Branded Environments 2020—is the event for the design of brand-centric customer experiences.
In an increasingly competitive landscape of offerings, the differentiation created by integrating meaningful brand experiences into places and spaces provides the highest return on investment to both owners and users, and the case for integrating brand with place has been made by cities and companies worldwide.
“The 2020 SEGD BE event at DSE boasts an engaging and inspiring lineup of speakers,” says Ann Makowski, SEGD’s interim CEO. “You’ll hear from expert experiential graphic design professionals who deliver the best in branded environments—from Instagram-able moments to unforgettable interactive experiences—and know-how to share their expertise.”
The two-day event will kick off with sessions that touch on constructing a design for the future, place, culture, sports and retail space. Speakers will also address hot topics like integrating brand loyalty, cultural influence, and sustainability, new technologies, materials and methods into design practice.
Sessions and speakers will include:
- “Bringing the Future Forward: Inspirations from China” with Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Shikatani Lacroix (Toronto)
- “Lessons from the Middle East: Creating a Sense of Place” with Melissa Hoffman, LAB at Rockwell Group (New York)
- “Designing After Dark: Localizing the Experience of Fun with Cultural Sensitivity” with Greg Merkel, ICRAVE (New York)
- “Global Practice, Big Learnings” with Michael Gericke, Pentagram (New York)
- “Making of the Modern Fan: Leveraging Experiential Design to Build a Loyal Base” with Mike Ruehlman, FRCH-Nelson (Cincinnati) and Jansen Dell, Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati)
- “Firing up Fandom” with Stuart Fox, ESI Design (New York)
- “Bringing It All Together… What’s the Common Thread?” with Scott Dawald, Dimensional Innovations (Minneapolis)
Roundtable dialogues on best practices, trends, and insights in experiential graphic design practice, will include:
- Going Global: What it takes to work in different cultures
- Managing Collaborations: Building teams across disciplines
- 5G Technology: What’s coming
- New Materials: Recent experiments (Sponsored by Rainier)
- Marketing Across Cultures: Finding common ground
- People, place, process: Discovery in a foreign culture
Participants will have more opportunities than ever to network throughout the event at various roundtable discussions, lunches, networking breaks, and at a post-event meetup on Tuesday evening. The optional agenda for Wednesday, March 27, includes an optional walking tour, the DSE Show Floor Insider Tour, in addition to the DSE Networking Reception and DSE Apex Awards Program—both on Wednesday evening.
SEGD offers a robust calendar of professional development activities, including physical events, an academic summit, and conference, local chapter events, and webinars that allow participants to learn and share. For more info, visit www.segd.org.