CDX is one of ConferenceDirects signature customer events held annually. Attending were ConferenceDirect key customers, ConferenceDirect Associates and Industry Partners. Guests stayed at the beautiful new Omni Oklahoma City Hotel and also experienced the $288 million Oklahoma Convention Center. Attendees were able to visit many of the new landmarks around Oklahoma City like the brand new First American Museum, Scissortail Park and the Bricktown District. Oklahoma City has invested more than $5 billion rejuvenating the city to include the above landmarks and much more, making it a great destination for meetings.
Education and was integral part to CDX and included some amazing speakers. Detailed below are some of the General Session Speakers:
- Jerry Horan, President, COO, ConferenceDirect spoke with Steve Rudner, Founder and Managing Partner, Rudner Law Office on “Covid Impact on Group Contracts”
- Rob McCulloch, SVP of Operations, ConferenceDirect facilitated a panel with Shahab Abbas, Director of Global Accounts, Accor Hotels; Kristy Heath, CDS, VP of Global Accounts, ConferenceDirect; Fay Nedd, MS, CGMP, HMCC, Director of Global Accounts, New Orleans & Company and Nate Wambold, CMP, DES, Director of Meetings & Conferences, American Anthropological Association on “Best Practices and Lessons Learned” for current meetings
- Greg DeShields, CHE, CDE, Executive Director, Tourism Diversity Matters spoke with @Brian Richey, Chief Talent Officer and EVP, ConferenceDirect on the “Fundamentals of Diversity and Inclusion”.
- Michael Dominguez, President and Chief Operating Officer, ALHI spoke about “Understanding Behavioral Changes for the Meetings Industry.
- Amy Downs, President, Allegiance Credit Union on her resiliency of being a survivor of the Oklahoma Bombing.
Giving Back: During CDX Discover the Palm Beaches two associates of the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel were awarded the “Heart of Hospitality Award” as part of The Above and Beyond Foundation. Attendees at CDX voted for employees that went above and beyond during the conference. Each of the two winners were awarded $2500 for the service they provided.
The Above and Beyond Foundation recognizes, rewards and supports outstanding individuals employed on the front lines of the hospitality industry by providing awards and grants to help them attain their personal and professional goals. For more info, visit www.taabf.org.