Predict: CEIR’s Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference drew a record-breaking 139 attendees, all top level executives who gathered on Sept. 16-17 in Chicago to learn about the future of the exhibition industry.
“We are very pleased with this year’s performance of Predict,” said CEIR President and CEO Brian Casey, CEM. “The content was phenomenal and really resonated with the audience. Every year we attempt to improve on the content and this year was exceptional. I hope all that attended agree it was a home run.”
“It has been a great year for CEIR and we are very proud of this year’s Predict results,” added 2015 CEIR Chairman Britton Jones. “We are receiving positive feedback that reflects the immense value this meeting offers our industry.”
Industry insiders presented topics on notable trends within the trade show industry and how they will affect the way in which organizers approach their strategies for increasing their exhibitions’ performance. In addition to evaluating happenings within the exhibition industry, Predict looked outside of the industry for overall economic trends and indicators. Keynote speaker Professor Amir Sufi, Ph.D., University of Chicago & Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research pointed out that a weak recovery in household spending and the persistent issues presented by income inequality will continue to affect the overall economy and, in turn, the exhibition industry.
Watch video coverage from CEIR Predict 2015 for more in-depth details about the meeting’s presentations. Here is what a few notable attendees at Predict 2015 had to say about the event:
- Chris Dolnack, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, National Shooting Sports Foundation said, “The 2015 CEIR Predict was one of the most dynamic events I have attended. The insights provided by world class subject matter experts demonstrated that meetings and events really are connected to the internet of things. It was thought provoking and invigorating.”
- Deirdre Flynn, CFSP, Executive Vice President, North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers said, “The information shared at Predict – by speakers, panelists and peers – is thought-provoking and inspiring. It’s a great opportunity to listen and learn, and create shared experiences for our stakeholders!”
- Buffy Levy, Director, Event Services, SmithBucklin said, “This was my first time attending the CEIR Predict Conference, and it was an excellent opportunity to gain further insight into my industry. My best takeaway was how important it is for show organizers to think about our product not as booths, but as experiences, touch points and memories that are made at an event. To succeed, we first need to listen to and empathize with our stakeholders. Then, we must design the show not from our own point of view, but that of our users. By doing all of this, we ensure our shows stay relevant and serve as bedrocks of their respective industries.”
- Vinnie Polito, Principal, mdg said, “I found the 2015 Predict conference to be the perfect amount of industry actionable data coupled with larger economic topics that were thought provoking. It is becoming a can’t-miss event.”
- Galen Poss, COO, dmg::events said, “This year’s CEIR Predict Conference was outstanding! The quality of speakers, content and delegate participation were at all-time highs. It is hard to imagine that anyone attending did not feel they had made an excellent investment of both their time and resources. Hats off to all who made this year’s event an overwhelming success.”
- Gary Shapiro, President & CEO, Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) said, “I found Predict thought provoking and powerful. Top people, great speakers all packed in less than 24 hours!”
- Nancy Walsh, President – North America, Reed Exhibitions said, “I enjoyed the CEIR conference. The interaction and networking were outstanding. This year’s economist was very insightful and helpful in planning for our business moving forward.”
CEIR would like to thank this year’s sponsors of Predict:
- Title Sponsor – Choose Chicago
- Partner Sponsor – Freeman
- Visionary Sponsors – Global Experience Specialists (GES), McCormick Place Chicago and Visit Houston
- Collaborator Sponsors – International Association of Exhibitions and EventsTM (IAEE), the Orange County Convention Center and Visit Orlando
- Associate Sponsors – Convention News Television (CNTV), Experient, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, Messe Frankfurt, National Trade Productions, New Orleans Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, Reed Exhibitions, Spectra Venue Management, Ungerboeck Software
- Contributor Sponsors – a2z, Inc., Access Intelligence, CMAC, Corcoran, CORT, fantail, Fern, Georgia World Congress Center, Hargrove Experience, IAEE New York Area Chapter, IAEE Washington, D.C. Chapter, Kuehne & Nagel, Oscar & Associates, PSAV, Streampoint Solutions, The Expo Group and tvsdesign.
The 2015 CEIR Index Report provides an objective measure of the annual performance of the exhibition industry by measuring year-over-year changes in four key metrics: NSF of exhibit space sold, professional attendance, number of exhibiting companies and total event gross revenue. It details performance for 14 industry sectors and the overall industry using data from 2001 through 2014 with a predictive forecast through 2017. Click here to order a copy of the 2015 CEIR Index.
Stay tuned to www.ceir.org/predict for details about Predict 2016.