Convention Industry Council (CIC) announced the 2015 officers of the Accepted Practice Exchange (APEX) Standards Review Committee.
An initiative that develops and promotes best practices and standards for the meetings industry, the Accepted Practices Exchange (APEX) has been responsible for initiatives such as the Event Specifications Guide and workgroups including Room Block Poaching and Electronic Request for Proposals (eRFP).
The incoming APEX Chair is Michael Owen, managing partner at EventGenuity based in Nashville. The rest of the new officers are as follows:
- Dan Berger, CEO, Social Tables;
- Carol Krugman, MEd, CMP, CMM Chair, Department of Hospitality, Tourism & Events, Assistant Professor, Meeting & Business Event Management, Metropolitan State University of Denver;
- Gary Murakami, CTC, GTP, GLP, CMP, Director, Global Sales MGM Resorts International;
- Leslie Zeck, CMP, Director of Meetings, American and International Associations for Dental Research
- Carol Norfleet, CMP, DMCP, Destination Nashville;
- Junior Tauvaa, SVP, Convention Sales Anaheim/Orange County CVB; and
- Meg Fasy, VP, Sales, Bellagio.
As APEX prepares to embark on a new era of leadership, Chair Michael Owen shared his thoughts on APEX’s progress and vision for future endeavors.
“I am honored to assume the APEX Standards chair position to elevate and build upon the work that began nearly 15 years ago,” said Owen. “Upon this foundation, we have assembled a dedicated team of industry thought leaders that continues to develop tools, refine best practices recommendations, and address ever-evolving issues impacting our industry, such as High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) for Meetings & Events, Room Block Piracy/Poaching, eRFPs, Global Accepted Practices and more. In each of these areas, we provide presentations, articles, whitepapers and tools, and I’m eager to maintain the momentum in 2015.”
In 2015, APEX will continue its work with workgroups focused on Bandwidth, Room Block Poaching and electronic requests for proposals (eRFP). They will also explore a global footprint and develop short content for industry use.
Expanding on Owen’s address, CIC Board Chair David Dubois said, “The CIC APEX Standards Committee provides credible and valuable work on behalf of our industry. This committees’ work is one of many focused areas of positive impact that the Convention Industry Council (CIC) is responsible for annually. We are very excited about their enhanced work plan for 2015.”