Cvent, the world’s largest cloud-based provider of event management and venue selection solutions, has announced the top 100 hotels for meetings in the United States, according to meeting and event planners in the Cvent Supplier Network.
The Cvent Supplier Network is a free online marketplace that connects meeting planners with over 200,000 venues worldwide; it generated $4 billion in business for hotels in 2011 and projects more than $5.5 billion to be generated in 2012. In addition, over 100,000 meetings were booked on the Cvent Supplier Network in 2011 alone.
The list of hotels was compiled from a pool of 80,000 hotels in the U.S. on the Cvent Supplier Network. The ranking was then determined by a set of qualifying criteria, some of which included:
- The number of electronic request-for-proposals (RFPs) the property received from the Cvent Supplier Network in 2011;
- The hotel’s average response rate to the RFPs sent through the marketplace;
- The number of meeting rooms available;
- The total square footage of meeting space offered at the hotel;
- The amount of business the property was awarded in 2011 by meeting planners through the Cvent Supplier Network.
The list is comprised of venues from a variety of locales, spanning 17 states and the District of Columbia. Florida represents the largest number of meeting hotels in the top 100, taking nearly one-fifth of the list at a total of 19 properties. Nevada comes in second with 14 properties, and the state of Texas takes third place with a total of 13 hotels on the list.
“It is truly an honor to be named the number one meeting hotel in the United States,” said Gregg Herning, vice president of sales and marketing for Peabody Hotels. “Meetings business is key, especially in tier-one markets like we have in Orlando; and given that meetings make up about 75 percent of our business, it is especially important to us. We recognize Cvent as a primary partner and channel for attaining that business.”
Top 10 Meeting Hotels in the U.S.
- The Peabody Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga.
- Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, Fla.
- The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, National Harbor, Md.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, Ga.
- ARIA Resort & Casino at CityCenter, Las Vegas, Nev.
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nev.
For the complete list of Cvent’s Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the U.S., visit http://www.cvent.com/top100hotelsus.