In 2013, the Exhibit Designers & Producers Association Foundation (EDPAF) introduced the Grantor Program as a means of funding EDPAF “Good Works” programs.
“Industry owners wanted to send a message to our employees that we genuinely care about them and our industry. The EDPAF Grantor Program became that message”, said EDPAF Chairperson William Haney.
EDPAF “Good Works” consists of three industry specific programs including:
- The Randy Smith Memorial Golf Classic. This event helps industry families when tragedy strikes. To date, approximately 100 industry families have been helped through financial support.
- Industry Family Scholarships. This program provides scholarships to immediate industry family members. Over 50 scholarships have been awarded with emphasis on those most in need to date.
- Partner School Scholarships. Financial support is provided for student scholarships to schools of higher learning offering Exhibit Industry specific curriculum. The level of school support is based on the number of students directly placed in the Exhibit Industry. Currently, two colleges are participating.
Other important Foundation activities include:
- Conducting other industry fund raising events such as the EDPA Las Vegas chapter golf outing and the EDPA annual convention silent auction.
- The EDPAF board of directors have pledged to insure that a minimum of 95 percent of Foundation proceeds go directly to the recipients.
- Out of pocket foundation expenses are supported by the Board members.
- Foundation investments are managed through Vanguard, a well-respected investment company.
- Program transparency is presented yearly at the EDPA convention.
The Grantor Program was introduced at the December 2013 EDPA ACCESS convention.
“We are happy to report that, to date, 42 industry companies have made formal 3-year pledges amounting to $130,000 per year, or $390,000 total, to support the EDPAF good works programs,” Haney added.
The EDPAF Board of Directors deeply thanks the following companies for their caring, support and leadership through the EDPAF Grantor Program:
$10,000 yearly level
CORT, Derse Exhibits, Exhibit World Inc., Nimlok
$5,000 yearly level
Access TCA, Coastal International, EEI Global, Group Delphi, MC2, Moss, Nth Degree, Octanorm, Southwest Displays
$2,500 yearly level
Acer Exhibits, AV Dimensions, Brumark, Diper Exhibitions, Excalibur Exhibits, Exhibit Concepts, Hamilton Exhibits, Hill & Partners, PRG, Sho-Link, Star Exhibits
$1,000 yearly level
ABEX, Art Guild, beMatrix USA, Classic Exhibits, Display Supply& Lighting, Downing Displays, Eagle Management Group, Elevations Exhibits, Expon Exhibits, Exhibitree, Featherlight Exhibits, Nuvista Event Services, OnSite Exhibit Service, Renaissance Management, Reveal Exhibits, SMT Expo, Spectrum Show Services, Stevens E3
The EDPAF Board of Directors consist of:
Dan Cantor, Hamilton Exhibits
Alan Cordial, MC2
Mike Davis, CORT Furnishings
Norm Friedrich, Octanorm
Derek Gentile, EEI
Bruce Green, Coastal International
William Haney, Derse Exhibits
Amanda Helgemoe, NuVista
Robert Laarhoven, beMatrix USA
Jim Obermeyer, Reveal Exhibits
Jeff Provost, EDPA
Dave Walens, Brumark
For Recipient and Supporter information, visit www.edpa.com/foundation.
For more information, contact:
EDPAF Marketing Chair
The EDPA Foundation was formed in spring 2001. It is a foundation led by executives from all segments of the industry that have a common goal: The heartfelt desire to reach out to our peers in their time of need. For more information, visit www.edpa.com/foundation.