EIBTM, the leading global event for the meetings and events industry, confirmed that it has 75 new Hosted Buyer groups registered to attend the annual EIBTM expo on Nov. 19-21 in Barcelona.
“We have seen a huge increase in new groups coming on board from Europe, with 53 signed up to date,” said Joanna Warr, hosted buyer manager, Reed Travel Exhibitions, EIBTM. “Our team has also recruited an additional 22 long haul groups for the show this year.”
Recruiting international long haul buyer groups, EIBTM confirmed the first group position from Marriott Japan as well as four groups from Brazil and three from Russia.
Established relationships with a number of new groups participating from the UK, the list includes representatives from Angela Griffin Associates, Corinthia UK Liverpool, Hilton UK, Hunt & Palmer and Morgan’s Hotel Group.
“The increase in buyer interest we have witnessed this year is a huge testament to the success of the programme and the value it provides for each of the buyers attending and the coordinators who bring them,” said Warr.
“A lot of the new groups we have attending this year are extensions on groups brought in previous years. We are working with each of our group-coordinators to help them extend their global buyer network and to build stronger relationships.”
Confirming spots for EIBTM 2013, Dolce Hotels reserved space for five European groups, Kuoni confirmed additional space for Europe and Marriott will extent their reach to Japan.
Hosted Buyers who are successful in the application process for the EIBTM 2013 will receive:
- A personalised diary of pre-scheduled appointments with international exhibitors of their choice;
- A tailored professional education programme suited to individual’s needs;
- Complimentary return flights from an extensive choice of airports;
- Complimentary accommodation in one of Barcelona’s best 4/5* hotels;
- An invitation to the EIBTM Forum;
- Access to a number of networking events;
- Complimentary transfers to and from the exhibition, networking and events; and
- Access to VIP lounges situated on the show floor.
To find out more about the Hosted Buyer Programme, visit www.eibtm.com/hosted.
See related article:
EIBTM enhances trade visitor experience with special deals and giveaways