The Events Industry Council’s (EIC) Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) program is recognized around the world as a badge of excellence in the events industry. Today, EIC announced 27 professionals who earned their CMP designation in October 2021. View the full list here.
“We are honored to welcome the latest class of Certified Meeting Professionals into our industry as we highlight their remarkable professional growth and development,” said Amy Calvert, EIC CEO. “Their commitment to excellence and continued learning is a testament to their strength and resilience in the global business events industry.”
The program was launched by EIC in 1985. EIC initiated the CMP-HC subspecialty in 2014. Both provide continuing education, increase professionalism, and enhance career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
EIC expanded testing options in 2020, including year-round testing and remote proctoring, as part of ongoing efforts to support industry professionals seeking to earn this designation.
More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation. Learn more at www.eventscouncil.org/cmp/About-CMP.