On May 19, Music City Center (MCC) mandated the use of the Exhibition Services & Contractors Association National Worker Identification Systems (ESCA WIS) ID badges to allow entry into its facilities, according to officials.
Opening in Nashville, Tenn., Music City Center will be a 1.2 million-square-foot facility and the 11th major venue in the U.S. to incorporate the ESCA WIS program.
Badges will be accepted for access in 10 other venues nationwide:
- Atlantic City Convention Center
- Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
- Cashman Center in Las Vegas
- Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati
- George R Brown Convention Center in Houston
- Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta
- Hynes Convention Center in Boston
- Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX
- Las Vegas Convention Center
- Miami Beach Convention Center
MCC prepared early by placing a badge scanner at the contractor entrance to the building. Scanning the ESCA WIS badges ensures that workers are scheduled to work at MCC, and it builds a database that helps streamline access into the facility.
If there are issues processing workers’ registration, ESCA WIS representatives will assist. Obtaining an ESCA WIS badge for employees can be discovered by viewing training videos on the ESCA website.