Experient, a source for integrated meeting and event solutions, takes pride in its involvement with many industry advisory boards and committees.
“I’m proud of our industry involvement and participation on advisory boards. It is an excellent career development opportunity for our team and a way for us to give back to the industry as thought leaders,” said Michael Guerriero, division president, event management, Experient.
The company’s team members hold hundreds of memberships in Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) and Meeting Professionals International (MPI) as well as other industry associations. These include the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE), American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM), International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE), National Business Travel Association (NBTA), and the former Trade Show Exhibitors Association (TSEA).
“Our continued participation on these advisory boards reinforces our commitment to excellence and to delivering leading-edge thinking, experience and technology solutions to our clients,” added Guerriero.
Experient representatives fill seats on nine out of 17 PCMA chapter boards. The following newly appointed and returning officers and directors for PCMA 2014 will be:
- Dee Blakeney, CMP, Vice President, Event Planning – President Elect, Gulf States Chapter
- Nancy DeBrosse, CMP, Senior Vice President, Sales and Account Management – Director, National Board
- Jennifer George Lion, CMP, PMP, Director, Project Management – President Elect, Heartland Chapter
- Paige Kanatous, CMP, Sourcing Manager – Secretary, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Jennifer Kimbel, CMP, Senior Meeting and Event Manager – President, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Kristen Roget, CMP, Director, Strategic Account Management – Director, Capital Chapter
- Gary Schirmacher, CMP, Senior Vice President, Sales and Account Management – Secretary/Treasurer, Education Foundation Board
- Ken Sien, CMP, Director, Strategic Account Management – President, POWER Chapter
- Womack, CMP, Director, Event Management – Secretary, Capital Chapter
Serving as 2014 board members for MPI are:
- Cory Fransway, CMP, CMM, Director, Strategic Account Management – Vice President, Education, Chicago Chapter
- Mark Goodman, National Account Manager – Vice President of Special Projects, New England Chapter
- Jenniffer Janowiecki, Strategic Sourcing Manager – Director of Educational Institutes, New England Chapter; Marketplace Advisory Council
- Tom Michalisko, CMP, Director, Strategic Account Management – Vice President of Finance, Potomac Chapter
- Alisa Peters, CMP, CMM, National Account Manager – Director, International Board
Serving on the board for the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) is Shawn Pierce, division president, registration and housing.
Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA represents more than 6,000 meeting industry leaders throughout the globe and consists of 17 chapters in the United States, Canada and Mexico. MPI is headquartered in Dallas and has more than 20,000 members representing 86 countries from 71 clubs and chapters. IAEE, headquartered in Dallas, is composed of approximately 1,200 member organizations and over 8,000 individual members.