The American Gaming Association, with partner Reed Exhibitions, will move forward with Global Gaming Expo 2021 as an in-person event with additional virtual components Oct. 4-7 (Education: Oct. 4-7; Expo Hall: Oct. 5-7) at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
Following a one-year in-person hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic, G2E will coordinate with the Sands Expo & Convention Center; federal, state and local authorities; and partners to safely reconvene the global gaming industry for the first time since 2019.
“For over 20 years, G2E has been the leader in uniting the global gaming community and we are beyond thrilled to come together this October for the industry’s hallmark event,” says Korbi Carrison (pictured left), G2E event director.
The announcement came as Clark County, home to Las Vegas, lifted all capacity restrictions, and the gaming industry is enjoying significant momentum. Q1 2021 commercial gaming revenue tied for the highest-grossing quarter ever at $11B, underscoring consumer enthusiasm for the sector, which was hard hit by the pandemic.
“We can’t wait to bring the industry back together in Las Vegas for G2E 2021,” says Meredith Pallante (pictured right), AGA vice president of global events. “The industry has shown tremendous resilience throughout the pandemic, and being able to gather together again will be another great milestone in our strong recovery.”
In May, G2E show management fielded a research study to key G2E stakeholders to better understand the impact of COVID-19 on their business, their evolving mindset and objectives, and their plans for attending G2E 2021. The survey found a strong desire for an in-person G2E to purchase new products.
- More than 8-in-10 respondents said they were either very or somewhat likely to attend the show if it is held in Las Vegas
- When asked about how important attending G2E was in terms of their organization’s overall business, an overwhelming majority – 93 percent – said they either had a strong or moderate need for being at G2E in person
- More than 80 percent of those interviewed said they would definitely or probably be purchasing products for their company as a result of attending the show
Additional factors contributing to moving forward with G2E:
Evolving state and local guidelines
- Federal health oversight and jurisdiction transitioned to local counties as of May 1, with Clark County, Nev., officials receiving state approval of their Local Mitigation Plan. Additionally, Clark County COVID-19 test positivity rates have remained low, allowing for larger events and gatherings.
- Clark County returned to pre-pandemic guidelines as of June 1, lifting restrictions involving capacity limits, large gatherings and more
Maintaining the health and safety of attendees, exhibitors, and staff
- G2E’s health and safety guidelines continue to be enhanced and updated with learnings from events and new guidelines provided by state and local officials in Nevada and Sands Expo. Additional G2E-specific safety plans and official regulations will continue to be added as they become available.
G2E event organizers will continue to provide regular updates on the planning process and resources for G2E 2021.
Global Gaming Expo (G2E) is the world’s premier gathering of commercial and tribal gaming professionals. For 20 years, G2E has convened the global gaming industry to discover cutting-edge technology, connect with peers and industry experts, and access expert education. For more info, visit GlobalGamingExpo.com.
The American Gaming Association is the premier national trade group representing the $261 billion U.S. casino industry, which supports 1.8 million jobs nationwide. The AGA members include commercial and tribal casino operators, suppliers and other entities affiliated with the gaming industry. It is the mission of the AGA to achieve sound policies and regulations consistent with casino gaming’s modern appeal and vast economic contributions. For more info, visit americangaming.org
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at more than 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. For more info, visit www.reedexhibitions.com