Leaders from across the meetings and events industry are coming together to support Global Meetings Industry Day on April 8, 2021.
• The meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, tradeshows and exhibitions industries will unite to showcase the real impact meetings and events have on businesses, economies and communities.
One Industry, One Voice
• The current landscape for meetings and events is one of the most challenging in our history. Even so, industry professionals rise to the occasion time and time again –from GMID 2020, where event planners in all regions swiftly pivoted to virtual; to today, where business and destinations are holding safe in–person events and embracing the hybrid model as necessary.
• Today we come together in all settings, stronger and more united than ever, to demonstrate the unwavering value of our industry with leaders in business, government and the media.
• This year’s GMID theme is Meet Safe, recognizing the industry’s top priority of operating meetings and events with health and safety top–of–mind.
• Meeting and event industry professionals know that planning and hosting meetings and events with health and safety top–of–mind is essential to the industry’s recovery. GMID 2021 will spotlight for local businesses, lawmakers and the media the precautions the industry is taking to keep everyone safe and ensure productivity as well as the incredible value this industry has for global economic recovery.
• Anticipating that protocols for hosting safe in–person events continue to shift and vary by location, we have urged all GMID event hosts to continue basing their hosting decisions on information from local public health authorities, continuing to embrace hybrid and virtual events as mandated.
• GMID participants should: Visit the Meetings Mean Business website and learn more about GMID events across the globe at meetsafe.travel.
Follow and take part in MMB’s conversations surrounding GMID online at @MeetingsMeanBiz on Twitter and by using the hashtag #GMID21.
•To take part in some of the webinars, meetups, debates and more going on for GMID, visit:
- For Caesars LiveStream on Advocacy for GMID with a stellar Las Vegas Meetings Industry Executive Panel, click here
- For IAEE’s in-person and livestream at the American Hotel in Atlanta, visit www.iaeese.org/events-n6f7/april-8-2021-global-meetings-industry-day
- For MPI Academy’s “GMID: Virtual” 12 hours of free education programming, visit https://academy.mpi.org/mpi/live/3969/page/16599
- For PCMA’s GMID Webinars, Debate, Meetups & more, visit www.pcma.org/global-meetings-industry-day