The Exhibitor’s Handbook: 2014 Update, published by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE), guides the exhibitor through the process of exhibiting at an event, from beginning to end.
A team of experts contributed to this comprehensive guide, giving step-by-step details about the exhibitions and events industry.
“The face-to-face marketplace is a golden opportunity for any business, and the process of exhibiting at an event can appear daunting, especially for the novice or someone who has not gone through the process in a while,” noted David DuBois, president and CEO, IAEE. “The contributors to The Exhibitor’s Handbook literally have decades of experience, so the reader is benefitting from tried-and-true knowledge.”
- Getting started
- Managing exhibit space
- Freight and drayage
- Exhibition facility fire prevention requirements
- Exhibit installation
- Understanding and managing exhibition hall labor
- Working with show contractors
- Working with exhibition floor managers
- Exhibit hall security
- Conducting demonstrations and holding hospitality functions
- Exhibit dismantling
- Outbound freight and drayage
- Exhibit follow-up
- Glossary of terms
- Additional resources
IAEE thanks the following exhibitions and events industry experts for contributing to The Exhibitor’s Handbook: 2014 Update:
- Larry Arnaudet, executive director, Exhibition Services & Contractors Association (ESCA)
- David Causton, general manager, McCormick Place
- Bob Dallmeyer, CEM, RD International
- Richard Lewis, vice president, national sales, exposition services, Freeman
- Mike Lynn, CME, CMM, CMP, CEM, CPC, director, exhibitions, events & protocol, L-3 Communications
- Barry Siskind, president, International Training & Management Company
- Mark Zimmerman, general manager, Georgia World Congress Center
The Exhibitor’s Handbook: 2014 Update is available for free to IAEE members and costs $24.99 for non-members. It can be downloaded at www.tradeshowstore.com.
IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers.