To deliver on this year’s show theme “Connections Mean Everything,” ibtm america 2015 has created a ConnectZone with thought-provoking, bite-sized education sessions and body / mind wellness activities to help attendees engage, unwind and “get enlightened” in Chicago June 9-11.
“We recognize that having a unique and enjoyable experience is key to making business connections at our show this year,” said Jaime McAuley, event director, ibtm america. “As a result, we’ve combined last year’s popular Innovation and Refresh Zones into a new concept for our appointment-focused event to create a learning environment that’s both physically and mentally stimulating for our buyers and exhibitors.”
The new ConnectZone, in collaboration with The Meeting Pool, will offer a number of unique activities for both hosted buyers and exhibitors to experience outside of business appointment hours. The Spotlight Stage, brought to you by Certain, Inc., a favorite from last year, will be returning with bite-sized education on various topics.
Planned sessions include:
- “Standing Yoga” – with Dr. Kim of X-bytes and Sound Off Headphone Technology
- “Two Ingredients For Winning Proposals” – Debbie Mayo-Smith
- Tech presentation from Poken, an official ibtm america sponsor
- “Trends in Sitting – Start with Standing!” – Matthew Broderick
- “Green, Local & Sustainable F&B Trends” – Savor Chicago at McCormick Place
- “Trends in Tea for Wellness and Energy”
- “Apps For Work Life Balance” – Dahlia El Gazzar
- “Fitness & Stretch Break” – Dr. Kim and Sound Off
- “Sound and Silence Solutions for Your Events” – Silent Events Company
- “Hotel & Travel Workout Tips” – Dr. Kim and Sound Off
- “Essential Oils For Your Health and Environment” – Matthew Broderick
- Tech presentation from Certain, an official ibtm america sponsor
- “Fashion Show & Style” – Bloomingdale’s
- “Health & Fitness Latest Gadgets and Tech” – Dahlia El Gazzar
- “Take Care of Your Feet for Whole Body Health” – Eric Huffman
- “Managing F&B for Good with Live Chef Demo” – Jiwon McCartney
- “Close Fine Tuned Fitness” – Dr. Kim and Sound Off
In addition to the Spotlight Stage, the ConnectZone will bring back a few other attendee favorites as well as some new activities designed to stimulate wellbeing.
Some of the offerings include:
- TECHbar – Part of last year’s Innovation Zone, the new and improved TECHbar will provide additional interactive education, as well as “iPad Makeovers,” where exhibitors and Hosted Buyers can take their photo on the preloaded app and plan their makeover for the Beauty Bar.
- Meditation Lounge – Hosted by Silent Events Company, the Meditation Lounge will feature six headsets loaded with a choice of 3 meditations – the perfect place to come and relax and charge your device! The company will also teach you how to incorporate meditation into your events.
- Reflexology & Acupressure – Learn about your overall health as it stems from your feet with a reflexology treatment from Chicago’s leading reflexologists. Treatments also include acupressure.
- Posture Therapy – Join therapist Matthew Broderick of MFB Wellness as he teaches us how to adjust your posture to ensure ideal comfort during your meetings and beyond!
- Fashion & Style Show – On Thursday, retail leader Bloomingdale’s will be putting on a 20-minute fashion show. Additionally, Bloomingdale’s representatives will provide gift bags and coupons to attendees during ConnectZone hours.
- Beauty and Nail Bar – To prepare for your new headshots, head over to the Beauty and Nail bar and indulge in a manicure courtesy of Manicube. Other beauty offerings TBD.
- The HeadShotLOUNGETM – Photographer Chuck Fazio brings his expertise to help prime attendees for some new business headshots.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Interested in participating in some charitable activity? Dress for Success, a not-for-profit organization that promotes economic independence for disadvantaged women, will be onsite to collect clothing donations. The group provides women with professional attire, a network of support and career development tools needed to help thrive in both work and life. Also participating is Fight2Feed, a 501c non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate hunger in Chicago by utilizing leftovers from restaurants and the mobility of food trucks to reduce food waste and feed those who need it most.
- The Style Corner – Stella & Dot will showcase this summer’s hottest trends to help you become your best self. Don’t miss Stella & Dot’s sneak-peak at products to come, and if you make a purchase, proceeds go to Ovarian Cancer research. Additionally, get a taste of South Asian culture with a Henna tattoo from local Chicago Henna artists.
- Snack Zone – Sample some of Chicago’s finest at the Snack Zone, Vendors include Garrett’s popcorn.
The ConnectZone will be open on Wednesday, June 10 from 10:50am – 12:15pm and 3:25pm – 3:55pm, and again on Thursday from 10:15am – 10:45am and 11:25am – 12:25pm.
ibtm america takes place from June 9-11, 2015 in Chicago. To apply to be a Hosted Buyer or participate as an exhibitor, please visit www.ibtmamerica.com.