International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) announced the shortlist for this year’s ICCA Best PR Award. The candidates will share their PR campaigns as examples of good practice at the 54th ICCA Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The shortlisted 2015 ICCA Best PR Award candidates are (in alphabetical order):
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC)’s campaign to generate an international profile for Brisbane as a center of science and research excellence around hosting the G20 Leaders’ Summit
- Dubai Business Events, for its PR strategy to position Dubai as a new destination for associations and business events
- Glasgow City Marketing Bureau’s PR strategy based on partnership with their clients to support their events and showcase the city to potential clients
- Greater Bogota Convention Bureau for their PR campaign supporting the bid for the One Young World Summit
- London & Partners for their ‘Love the event & Love the experience’ campaign
The ICCA Best PR Award, in association with International Meetings Review (IMR), recognizes exceptional PR performance by ICCA members, covering both traditional print and web/social media channels.
Best PR Award candidates cannot put themselves forward for consideration, instead their work has to be apparent to IMR’s global editors and a panel of judges, who spend the year monitoring online and print media to see which ICCA members are gaining the best coverage and the strongest brand profiling.
The five shortlisted candidates will present their PR campaigns at the upcoming ICCA Congress, taking place Nov. 1-4 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The “PR Excellence” session will highlight the key principles in obtaining exceptional PR results and give practical advice to improve PR performance. In the session (taking place Tuesday, Nov. 3 13:30-15:00) a media panel consisting of Martin Lewis, IMRs Chairman of the Editorial Advisory Board and Chief Editor at CAT Publications, and James Latham, Executive Producer at IMR, will give feedback to the PR campaigns of the ICCA members. The session is moderated by Johanna Fischer of tmf dialogue marketing.
ICCA believes that PR is one of the least utilized weapons in its members marketing and communication mix and yet it is one of the most cost-effective and easy to implement.