The Convention Industry Council (CIC) and IMEX are gearing up to host the annual Hall of Leaders Gala as the kick-off event for IMEX America, the worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and events. Although this is the first year that CIC and IMEX are partnering to host this event, the collaboration is a natural extension of a supportive relationship.
On Oct. 13, the CIC, MGM Resorts’ Mandalay Bay, the IMEX group, Freeman and other event partners will roll out the red carpet as the meetings industry power players arrive to Las Vegas for this event.
The first-ever custom production show by the MGM Resorts Events Team to pay tribute to the CIC Hall of Leaders will feature a live orchestra and a full cast of singers, dancers and specialty performers. Five remarkable honorees and their life’s work will inspire the dance and music performances at the gala.
“The Hall of Leaders represents intelligence and leadership, ideas and innovation, influencers and risk-takers—the true pioneers of the industry,” said CIC’s CEO Karen Kotowski, CAE, CMP. “To date, the Hall of Leaders has inducted 106 game changers and this year we will add five more to the list.”
The 2013 CIC Hall of Leaders honorees are:
- Jorge Castex, honorary president, COCAL and senior advisor MCI Argentina: Nominated by International Association of Professional Congress Organizers (IAPCO)
- Eduardo Chaillo, CMP, CMM: Nominated by International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA)
- Peggy Daidakis, executive director, Baltimore Convention Center: Nominated by the Baltimore Convention Center Staff
- Liz Erikson, executive director, Meetings & Incentives, Fairmont-Raffles-Swissotel: Nominated by Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- Stephen Powell, senior vice president, Worldwide Sales, Intercontinental Hotels Group: Nominated by Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
“We are proud to have five Freeman inductees in the Hall of Leaders and we aspire to continue to contribute to the industry through our innovation and involvement,” said Carrie Parsons, vice chair, Freeman. “We congratulate this year’s inductees. What better way to honor their contributions!”
The gala will also honor two young professionals for their outstanding achievements early in their careers with a Pacesetter Award. Those winners are: Robyn Mietklewicz, director, Accounts & Global Meeting Management Services, Meeting Sites Resources; and Meghan Schilt, events manager, Apax Partners.
“It is extremely significant that the 2013 CIC Hall of Leaders is taking place alongside the third edition of IMEX America this October,” said Ray Bloom, chairman, IMEX Group. “The Hall of Leaders is the most prestigious high point in our industry calendar. This means that come Sunday, Oct. 13, the most influential and accomplished leaders in our industry will be in Las Vegas ready to celebrate, network and do business together.”
For more information about the event, visit www.conventionindustry.org.