When MODEX 2014 opens March 17-20, this expo for manufacturing and the supply chain will include numerous collocations and more than 800 exhibits covering 250,000 square feet at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
Because of the collocation of events, such as Supply Chain & Transportation USA (SC&T USA) and the Georgia Logistics Summit, MODEX 2014 will be the largest international expo and conference of its kind held in North America. Tens of thousands of manufacturing and supply chain professionals from over 100 countries around the globe will attend.
“Collocating Supply Chain and Transportation USA with MODEX 2014 will allow manufacturing and supply chain professionals education and networking opportunities as well as exposure to material handling, logistics and supply chain equipment and technology,” said George Prest, CEO, MHI.
An international trade association, MHI has represented the material handling, logistics and supply chain industry since 1945.
“The 2013 Georgia Logistics Summit hosted over 2,000 attendees from 30 states and [nine] nations and expects to draw even more in conjunction with MODEX 2014. In today’s world where agile and innovative supply chains are a necessity, the collocation is a win-win for exhibitors and attendees,” added Prest.
Georgia Center of Innovation for Logistics is a statewide resource for fueling logistics industry growth and global competitiveness.
“We listened to what attendees and those in the industry wanted, and they wanted a complete supply chain event,” said Laurent Noel, SC&T USA. “With the collaboration of SC&T USA and MODEX, we’ve brought material handling, transportation and logistics together effectively.”
Reed Exhibitions is the organizer of Supply Chain & Transportation USA.
Other groups will collocate with MODEX 2014:
- American Professional Material Handling Consultants (APMHC)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME MHED)
- American Society of Transportation & Logistics (AST&L)
- The Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
- The College-Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
- The Georgia Institute of Technology Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
- Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC)
- Material Handling & Logistics Roadmap
- Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
- Material Handling Management Society (MHMS)
- Metro Atlanta Chamber Supply Chain Leadership Council
- National Wooden Pallet Container Association (NWPCA)
- Technical Career Education Program (TCEP)
- Warehousing Education & Research Council (WERC)
The conference will also include nearly 200 complimentary educational sessions outlining trends, best practices and state-of-the-art equipment and technology solutions. Keynotes will feature Edward H. Bastian, president, Delta Air Lines; former Walmart CEO Lee Scott; and Scott Sopher, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Supply Chain practice.