MGM Resorts International is launching the Meeting Planner Recipe Showdown, taking place in 12 major meeting markets across the U.S. Showdowns begin in August and go through September where one winner will emerge from each location.
Contestants who land on top at each of the city showdowns will battle in Las Vegas for the national finals in the first MGM Resorts’ Recipe Showdown. On Oct. 13, 12 finalists will prepare their dishes in front of a live audience to compete for the title.
Prizes include fabulous Vegas vacations with fine dining options and limo transportation.
- Toronto – August 19
- Dallas – August 21
- Boston – August 25
- New York City – August 26
- Denver – August 27
- Los Angeles – August 28
- Washington D.C. – August 28
- Vancouver – September 9
- San Francisco – September 10
- Minneapolis – September 11
- Chicago – September 16
- Atlanta – September 18
- Recipes can be any type of dish from appetizer, entrée to dessert served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or late-night
- City competitions will be judged by fellow meeting planners
- The top three finishers from each city will have their recipes featured in a recipe book by meeting planners for meeting planners
- First place finisher in each city will be flown to Las Vegas during IMEX for the national finals, a 12-person Cook-Off on Oct. 13. Transportation and lodging will be provided by MGM Resorts
- Judges for the finals will include Roy Ellamar, executive chef at Bellagio’s Sensi and winner of an episode of Food Network’s Chopped
- 1st Place – All-expense-paid trip to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Miami; February 19 – 22, 2015
- 2nd Place – Three-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
- 3rd Place – Two-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
To submit your favorite family recipe, visit http://bit.ly/1rD3ULj.