MINExpo is held every four years in Las Vegas, for leaders, managers and decision makers from the mining industry. The 2016 show, taking place right now, runs September 26 – 28 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
GES Show Facts:
- Overall move in, show and move out = 84 days (Aug. 1 – Oct. 23)
- Move in begins August 1 in the Platinum lot
- Move out final day Oct. 23
- Exhibit Halls move in through move out – September 19 – Oct. 2
- GES will use:
- 150 forklifts – varying in size from 12,000 lbs to 36,000 lbs
- More than 20 cranes – 30 tons to 225 tons
- More than 500 pieces of GES owned and rented equipment to produce show
- GES lays more than 70,000 linear feet of carpeting, which is 700,000 square feet of aisle carpeting.
- Pre-Assembly of equipment takes 7 weeks.
- Post Assembly of equipment takes 3 weeks.
- GES used all of these forms of transportation to move equipment – sea, rail, road, sky.
- More than 2,700 small packages received.
- GES will have over 20 cranes in operation at the same time on our peak day and will be using cranes of all various sizes but the largest crane will be a 265 ton crane.
- MINExpo is 840,000 sq. ft.
- 1950 exhibitors
- 20 education sessions
- Mining professionals attending from 123 countries.