Meeting Professionals International (MPI) announced its 2010-2011 board of directors, MPI volunteer chairs and MPI Foundation global board of trustees, for the fiscal year July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011.
Eric Rozenberg, CMP, CMM and president of Swantegy, will assume the role as the chairman of the MPI board of directors.
Ken Sanders, president of Freeman Audio Visual Solutions, will lead the MPI Foundation global board of trustees.
Rozenberg began service on the MPI board of directors in 2004 and served as a board member until 2007 when he joined the MPI executive committee. He was designated chairman-elect in 2009. For about 15 years he has worked with European clients in various industries and has run projects in more than 50 countries. Additionally, he is president of Swantegy, a company that consults with corporate clients to strategically use meetings and events in their marketing mix.
Serving on the MPI Foundation board of trustees since 2004, Sanders joined the executive committee in 2006 and was chosen as chairman-elect in 2009. He is the president of Freeman’s audio visual business, and has an accomplished career in the audio visual and events industry that spans more than 25 years.
“Eric and Ken bring a unique passion for volunteerism to their leadership roles,” said Bruce MacMillan, president and chief executive officer of MPI. “Their appointment to these leadership positions solidifies MPI’s commitment to delivering innovative value for our members as the industry continues to recover.”
2010-2011 MPI board of directors: executive committee
• Chairman: Eric Rozenberg, CMP, CMM, president, Swantegy
• Chairman-Elect: Sebastien Tondeur, CEO, corporate division
• MCI Vice Chairman of Finance: Carl Winston, program director, hospitality and tourism management program
• San Diego State University Vice Chairwoman: Cindy D’Aoust vice president strategic meetings, Maxvantage
• Vice Chairman: Kevin Kirby senior director of sales, Hard Rock International
• Immediate Past Chairwoman: Ann Godi, CMP, president, Benchmarc360, Inc.
• Ex-Officio: Bruce MacMillan, CA, president and CEO
2010-2011 MPI board of directors members
• Chuck Bowling, executive vice president, sales and marketing MGM Resorts International
• Jordan Clark, vice president of sales, Harrah’s Entertainment
• Paul Cunningham, president & CEO, IIMC International Information Management Corporation
• Michael Dominguez, vice president, Global Sales, Loews Hotels & Resorts
• Ricardo Ferreira, senior vice president, GRUPO ALATUR
• Chris Gasbarro, chief creative officer, C3, LLC
• Kevin Hinton, principal, hinton+grusich Ruud Janssen, managing director, ©TNOC | The New Objective Collective
• Carol Muldoon, CMM, executive director of events and meetings, KPMG LLP
• Patty Reger, CMM, manager of meetings and conventions, Johnson & Johnson Sales and Logistics Company, LLC
• David Scypinski, senior vice president, Conference Direct
• Erin Tench, CMP, CMM, president, Hyland Events
• Legal Counsel: Jonathan T. Howe, Esq., president/senior partner, Howe & Hutton, Ltd.
2010-2011 MPI volunteer chairs: audit/finance committee
• Audit/Finance Committee: Carl Winston, program director, hospitality and tourism management program, San Diego State University
• Chapter Advisory Council: Karen Massicotte, BA, BHM, CMP, CMM, business development manager, PRIME
• Community Membership Advisory Council: Denise Mongoven, director of national accounts, San Diego Convention Center Corporate
• Social Responsibility Advisory Council: Marge Anderson, associate director
• Energy Center of Wisconsin Executive Advisory Council: Angie Pfeifer, CMM, assistant vice president, Corporate Meetings and Incentives
• Investors Group Financial Services, Inc. Governance/Nominating Committee: Ann Godi, CMP, president, Benchmarc360, Inc.
• Knowledge Advisory Council: Alexandra Wagner, CMM, GVP, director of event marketing; sponsorships and events, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
• Marketplace Advisory Council: Scott Beck, president/CEO, Salt Lake Convention Visitors Bureau
• RISE Awards Judging Panel: Brian Palmer, CMM, president, and National Speakers Bureau
2010-2011 MPI Foundation global board of trustees: executive committee
• Chairman: Ken Sanders, president, Freeman Audio Visual Solutions
• Chairman-Elect: Kevin Olsen, senior partner, One Smooth Stone
• Vice Chairman of Finance: Richard Harper, CMP, senior vice president of sales, MGM Resorts International
• Vice Chairman of Projects: Vince LaRuffa, vice president resort sales and marketing, Universal Orlando Resort
• Vice Chairman of Development: Michael Massari, vice president of meeting sales and operations of Las Vegas, Las Vegas Meetings by Harrah’s Entertainment
• Immediate Past Chairwoman: Margaret A. Moynihan, CMP, director, Deloitte
• Ex-Officio: Didier Scaillet, chief development officer, MPI Foundation
2010-2011 MPI Foundation global board of trustee members
• Melanie Cook, director meeting and incentive, U.S.; Fairmont Hotels, Vancouver
• Michael Deitemeyer, president, Omni Hotels
• Chris Gabaldon, vice president Global Sales, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
• Thomas Grundner, vice president global sales, Jumeirah Group
• David Johnson, president/CEO, Aimbridge Hospitality, LP
• Mark Komine, senior vice president, sales; The Americas, Hilton Hotels Corporation Rich Maradik, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Gaylord Entertainment
• Joe Nishi, regional director, The Meeting Encore Group Inc., MPI Foundation Canada council chair
• Alan Pini, CMP, CMM, chief executive, TEKNOCONGRESS ICS®, MPI Foundation EMEA council chair
• Gus Vonderheide, vice president of sales; group, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
• Jeff Wagoner, president, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts