The NRHA All-Industry Conference will once again take place in conjunction with the National Hardware Show Oct. 12-15. This year, the conference and show are happening virtually so attendees can safely have access to the complete lineup of presentations from industry experts, successful retailers and channel partners.
“The hardware and tools industry is ever-evolving and at NHS we know how important it is, especially now, to provide the knowledge and learning necessary for businesses to adapt,” says Rich Russo, industry vice president for the NHS. “Going virtual this year offers attendees the chance to engage with key individuals, learn about the evolution of the industry and best practices to grow their business from the comfort and safety of their home or office. We are pleased to be able to host NRHA virtually as the full program will offer a mix of keynotes and panel presentations from an all-star roster of industry professionals with different perspectives and valuable insight to help evolve and propel businesses forward.”
The conference is hosted by the North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA), previously known as the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA). The organization changed its name Sept. 21 in conjunction with expanding its membership to include independent paint and decorating retailers.
“The show must go on and as such, we are proud to be alongside of the 2020 National Hardware Virtual Show,” says Dan Tratensek, executive vice president with NHPA. “This year’s NRHA All-Industry Conference will uphold its reputation of offering attendees’ educational content and networking opportunities designed to foster innovation, growth and success. Whether in-person or virtual, we understand that attendees need to stay up to date on the needs of their customers, learn innovative business techniques along with furthering their knowledge in ever-changing hardware industry. This year’s program will focus on this and other topics relevant to independent retailers and beyond.”
Must-See Speakers and Educational Sessions
To thrive in today’s market, retailers need to be future-focused and strategic, as well as open to emerging technologies that will ultimately impact the way consumers interact and engage with their products and brands. The NRHA All-Industry Conference will offer insights from wholesale executives, successful retailers and industry experts who know disruption is essential to winning. Some key sessions and speakers that will take place during the show include:
• Keynote: How Independents Are Still Disrupting, a Conversation With Dan Starr (Monday, October 12 at noon EST) – Dan Tratensek, NRHA; Dan Starr, president & CEO, Do it Best Corp.
• Keynote: Employees First: Disrupting Assumptions for More Loyal Customers and Stronger Sales (Wednesday, October 14 at noon EST) – Kevin Hancock, chairman & CEO, Hancock Lumber
• 5 Disrupters Challenging the Home Improvement Industry (Tuesday, October 13 at noon EST) – Jim Robisch, senior partner, The Farnsworth Group
• 6 Steps to Selling Your Business (Monday, October 12 at 1 p.m. EST) – Gary Pittsford, president & CEO, Castle Wealth Advisors
• The Tools You Need to Improve Your Culture (Monday, October 12 at 11 a.m. EST) – Kim Peffley, retail consultant, NRHA
• How to Manage E-Commerce in a Post-Covid Environment (Thursday, October 15, at 1 p.m. EST) – Jimmy Barber, sr. director of e-commerce and Scott Sinclair, director of e-commerce, OneStone
NRPA Top Guns
One highlight of the Conference is the annual Top Guns presentation, which recognizes top-performing independent home improvement retailers, known as Top Guns.
• NRHA Top Guns Presentation (Tuesday, October 13 at 1 p.m. EST) – Hosted by Melanie Moul, NRHA – This program pays tribute to some of the industry’s top performers, enabling attendees to see how these retailers are innovating in their businesses, giving back to their communities and pushing the industry forward to continually rise to the top.
Registration for the 2020 Virtual Show is now open and members of the industry, retailers, as well as members of the press, are encouraged to sign up now and experience everything that NHS has to offer. All registration information will be used to create a “virtual badge” and personalized digital profile.
Stay tuned for additional details and information from the NHS team focused on the virtual show, as well as plans for the physical show taking place May 11-13, 2021.
The North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA), formerly the North American Retail Hardware Association, helps independent hardware stores, home centers, lumberyards and independent paint and decorating store operators throughout the U.S. and Canada become better and more profitable retailers. The change in the association’s name is to reflect this evolution into the paint and decorating space. NHPA offers training courses, annual events, and other educational resources to provide retailers with opportunities to grow and improve their businesses. For more info, visit www.nrha.org.
The National Hardware Show celebrates a rich history spanning 75 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War 2 housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s, to today’s current location in Las Vegas, NHS continually evolves through the industry’s involvement, commitment and passion to improving quality of life through their homes and beyond. Today, NHS is the place for global manufacturers, associations, organizations and the media to get an unfiltered view of the industry, hands-on experiences, and access to the latest innovations and retail trends to enhance their business. For more info, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.