Pictured L-R: SCB’s Head of Business Development Anedia Kahar, TriBE 2018 co-chairperson Jemima Rinai Joseph; Assistant Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Y.B Datuk Lee Kim Shin and Chief Operating Officer of Sarawak Convention Bureau Amelia Roziman showing off the ninth Anak Sarawak trophies, TriBE 2018 co-chairperson Jonathan Soon and SCB’s Executive PA to Chief Operating Officer and Chairman Christina Jennifer.
Malaysia’s first award for Business Events, the Anak Sarawak Awards, officially announces the finalists for its ninth edition of the flagship awards. Assistant Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Y.B Datuk Lee Kim Shin extends his congratulations as well as highlighting the role of sector partners, “Industry partners, convention hosts and the media all hold an equal stake in developing the Business Events sector (meetings, exhibitions, congress and exhibitions), and this is one of the platforms where we can honor their contributions.”
“Everyone has different roles, but united under one single goal, our contributions will propel the sector and Sarawak forward in great strides,” continues Y.B Datuk Lee.“Beyond the recognition, the ninth Anak Sarawak Awards is a platform for sector partners to gain greater exposure, build new alliances, enhance their brand, and co-develop the sector.”
An initiative of the Sarawak Convention Bureau, the ninth Anak Sarawak Awards will take place on Aug. 24 in conjunction with Sarawak’s inaugural conference–the Business Events Tribal Meet (TriBE 2018) which will gather more than 200 delegates from associations, industry partners and media to facilitate Sarawak’s digital economic transformation through Business Events.
“It is with great pride that what started out as an appreciation initiative to local hosts who has won bids, has now become a benchmark of excellence for the Business Events sector,” says Amelia Roziman, chief operating officer of the Sarawak Convention Bureau. “We would like to thank all our sector partners for their excellence and dedication, especially in the recent years, which is evident from our performance and the number of quality submissions we have received.”
She adds, “I would like to congratulate the finalists, as well as the nominees for the Outstanding Achievement awards, which will be announced at the awards.” The ninth Anak Sarawak Awards will recognize sector excellence in 2016 and 2017.
The finalists for the ninth Anak Sarawak Awards 2016/2017 are:
Business Events Journalism Award (Print/Online)
- i) Najihah Binti Abdullah Sani (Sarawak Business Event Sector Sprints Ahead, Focus Malaysia)
- ii) Puvaneswary A/P S.Selvadurai (An Outstanding Tribe, TTG Asia Media)
- iii) Yvonne Tuah Merawin (Biz Events: What’s Next for Sarawak, Borneo Post)
Young Leader Scholarship Award
- i) Jeremy anak Jamaludin (CPH Travel Agencies)
- ii) Prescilla Susanti Sulau (Ecogreen Holidays Sdn Bhd)
- iii) Rachel anak Frankie (Bung Bratak Cultural Group)
Meeting Venues of Excellence Award
- i) Hilton Kuching
- ii) Imperial Hotel Miri
Products and Services of Excellence Award
- i) Bung Batak Cultural Group
- ii) Edwin Lay Photography
- iii) Paradesa Borneo
Corporate Events of Excellence Award
- i) Big Walk with Difference 2017 (Cat City Holidays Sdn Bhd)
- ii) 24th IUPAC International Conference on Chemistry Education 2016 Conference Tours (CPH Travel Agencies)
- iii) 55th International Congress and Convention Association 2016 Welcoming Dinner (Spiral Arts & Design)
Convention of Excellence Award
- i) 55th International Congress and Convention Association Congress 2016 (CPH Travel Agencies)
- ii) College of Surgeons Academy of Medicine Malaysia Annual Scientific Congress (College of Surgeon Academy of Medicine Malaysia)
- iii) Tedx Kenyalang (Koperasi Pro Belia Inovatif Sarawak)
In addition, Outstanding Achievement Awards will be announced at the Ninth Anak Sarawak Awards.
For more information on TriBE 2018, visit www.tribe-assembly.com/ or contact TriBE 2018 Conference Organizer, Terence Lim of Borneo Tru Events at +60138393365.
Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB) was established in 2006 by the State Government of Sarawak. We are a non-profit company whose aim is to bring Sarawak to the forefront as a competitive destination for international meetings. The Bureau is a member of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA). Our goal is to help connect NGOs, corporations and government bodies with whatever necessary to make international conventions a success in Sarawak. For more information, log on to www.businesseventssarawak.com.