Whether it’s diverting waste from the landfill or saving trees, Nimlok and the Orbus Exhibit & Display Group strive to protect the environment as a top priority and is proud to announce results of last year’s efforts.
During 2012, the three manufacturing and production facilities servicing Nimlok and Orbus protected many valuable resources when they:
• Recycled 216.64 tons of cardboard to make paper towels and napkins and save 3,683 trees and 1.52 million gallons of water from being processed into new pulp.
• Saved 16,088 gallons of oil by recycling 23.5 tons of plastic to make carpet, plastic lumber, clothing, insulation, car bumpers and more.
• Recycled 297.5 cubic yards of waste fabric, preventing the material from being dumped into a landfill; and,
• Saved the energy equivalent of 54,012 gallons of crude oil by recycling 32.2 tons of scrap aluminum, which is used to create new materials in airplanes, cars and cans.
Nimlok’s and Orbus’ Bolingbrook, Ill., Niles, Ill., and Las Vegas facilities are certified to the federal ISO 14001:2004 standard. The ISO 14001:2004 standard is primarily concerned with the approach of “environmental management,” which provides guidance for an organization to:
• Minimize harmful effects on the environment caused by business activities.
• Prevent pollution; and,
• Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance.
In addition to the company’s environmental efforts, Nimlok’s and Orbus’ facilities in Bolingbrook and Las Vegas are certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard for quality management. Its Niles facility has been certified since 1999. ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for an organization to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meets customer needs and aims to improve satisfaction through the effective application of the system. Orbus is committed to providing its distributors with the highest quality of products and service in the industry.
The Nimlok and the Orbus Exhibit & Display Group are part of a privately owned group of companies specializing in the manufacture and trade-only supply of portable modular and custom modular, exhibit and display products, graphics and solutions. Companies within the group include Orbus365, SignPro Systems and Origin.