Thirteen organizations have been recognized with an Award of Excellence in the first round of judging for the 2010 Associations Advance America (AAA) Awards program, sponsored by ASAE (American Society of Association Executives) and The Center for Association Leadership.
Now in its 20th year, the AAA Awards program recognizes associations and industry partners that improve the quality of life in America with innovative programs in education, skills training, standard setting, business and social innovation, knowledge creation, citizenship and community service.
Selected by a panel of peers twice per year, Award of Excellence winners of two separate judging rounds are automatically entered into consideration for the Summit Award, ASAE & The Center’s highest association honor. Summit Award winners will be honored at ASAE & The Center’s Summit Awards Dinner, Sept. 29 in Washington, D.C.
“The winners of the first round of the 2010 judging represent a diverse group of programs and initiatives from a wide range of backgrounds,” said Ping Wei, M. Ed., CAE, director of educational activities for the American Society of Civil Engineers and chair of ASAE & The Center’s Associations Advance America Committee.
“That’s what I think makes this a very special program. It underlines the importance of our organizations and their work in communities throughout the country. The first round was tough with lots of excellent entries and I’m looking forward to the second round of judging of other outstanding programs.”
Any association is eligible to enter the AAA Awards. The deadline for the second round is April 23. In addition to the Award of Excellence winners, 24 organizations were named to the 2010 Associations Advance America Honor Roll. For more information about ASAE & The Center’s AAA Awards, visit www.asaecenter.org/aaaawards.
The following programs were honored with a 2010 AAA Award of Excellence:
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- Community Animal Research Environment (CARE)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- AILA Military Assistance Program (MAP)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Domestic Violence and Family Courts Project
- Minnesota Grocers Association, Minnesota’s Own
- Napa Valley Vintners, Adopt-A-School
- Napa Valley Vintners 5×5 Community Promise
- National Association of Broadcasters
- Digital Television (DTV) Transition Consumer Education Campaign
- National Auto Body Council, Recycled Rides
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Gallery of Writing/National Day on Writing
- National Shooting Sports Foundation
- Project ChildSafe
- North Dakota Farm Bureau, Buy a Sandbag for a Buck Fund
- Professional Landcare Network, PLANET Day of Service
- South Carolina Bar, Families Forever