Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), a resource for leaders in the meetings, conventions, events and tradeshow industries, selected candidates for its 2014 board of directors.
Pending approval by PCMA members, board nominees will take office Jan. 16, 2014 and serve one-year terms.
Officers serving one-year terms:
- Chairman: Christopher Wehking, director of meetings and exhibits, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Immediate Past Chairman: Johnnie White, executive director of meetings and educational services, Cardiovascular Research Foundation
- Chair-Elect: Raymond Kopcinski, senior director of meeting services, Million Dollar Round Table
- Secretary-Treasurer: William Reed, director of meetings, American Society of Hematology
New nominees serving three-year terms:
- Professional Director: Oscar Cerezales, chief operating officer, Asia Pacific and Americas and group director of association relations, MCI Group
- Professional Director: Nancy DeBrosse, senior vice president of sales and account management, Experient Inc.
- Professional Director: Ann Godi, president and CEO, Benchmarc360 Inc.
- Professional Director: Kristin Mirabal, director of research and program development department, The Optical Society
- Supplier Partner Director: George Aguel, president and CEO, Visit Orlando
- Supplier Partner Director: David Olender, chief operating officer, bxb Online
Those remaining on the board in their existing positions:
- Professional Director: Martin Balogh, director of meetings and travel, American Bar Association
- Professional Director: Kristin Gibson, vice president of sales and industry relations, J. Spargo and Associates Inc.
- Professional Director: Mary Pat Heftman, executive vice president, convention, National Restaurant Association
- Professional Director: Wanda Johnson, senior director of meetings and education, Endocrine Society
- Professional Director: Roberta Kravitz, executive director, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Professional Director: Amanda Rushing, director of conferences and meeting services, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Supplier Partner Director: Lawrence Luteran, senior vice president, group sales and industry relations, Hilton Worldwide
- Supplier Partner Director: Gregory O’Dell, president and CEO, Events DC
- Supplier Partner Director: Barry Smith, president and CEO, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Supplier Partner Director: Claire Smith, vice president of sales and marketing, Vancouver Convention Centre