Shanghai International Conference Management Organization (SICMO) announced the release of Shanghai’s first “Conference Organizers in Compliance with Management & Service Standards of the Meetings Industry” on Jan. 5.
With the approval of Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration, 13 meetings management and service organizations obtained the “Shanghai Conference Service Standard Organization” certificate issued by the M.I.C.E. Service Standards Technical Committee of Shanghai Tourism Standards Technical Committee.
On Sept. 20, 2012, “Management and Service Standards of the Meetings Industry, Part I: Conference Organizers” (DB31/T636.1-2012), the first set of regional standards in China`s meetings service industry, was officially released. To promote the standardization and professionalism of Shanghai`s meetings service industry and contribute to building Shanghai into an international destination for business events, Shanghai Tourism Standards Technical Committee established the M.I.C.E. Service Standards Technical Committee on April 16, 2013.
In June 2014, the M.I.C.E. Service Standards Technical Committee evaluated Shanghai conference organizers for compliance with standards, and in September 2014, organized expert visits to applicants. The 13 conference organizers that have passed the compliance evaluation are:
- MCI Group (Shanghai) Pte. Ltd.
- Healife PCO
- Shanghai Fumed Convention & Exhibition Management Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai China Travel International Co., Ltd. East Star Event Management
- China CYTS M.I.C.E. (Shanghai) Service Co., Ltd. Grand China MICE(Shanghai)Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai United Event Co., Ltd.
- The Oppland Corporation Duxes Business Consulting Inc.
- Shanghai Topstar International Exhibition & Event Services Co., Ltd.
- Skyway International Business Travel Service Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Business International Travel Co., Ltd.
Enterprises that have met the standards are listed on the M.I.C.E. Service Standards Technical Committee website.
For more information and to apply for certification, visit www.smcss.org.