Trade Center Management Associates (TCMA), a private sector building management and hospitality service provider, chose mobile technology company XCO Digital to build applications for the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
“We are honored to be selected by TMCA to leverage the XCO mobile app solution and services for this unique Washington landmark,” said Alan Hayman, senior vice president, XCO Digital.
The apps for both Apple and Android platforms will not only assist users in navigating the building but allow them to explore its on-site offerings. The Apple and Android apps will be available for download this fall.
“TCMA initially wanted to create an app to improve visitor way-finding capabilities within the building, but XCO’s expertise and [its] platform’s features expand the functionality far beyond our initial requirements,” said Julia Rapley, vice president of sales and event planning, TCMA. “We are excited to offer this free app to the more than one million visitors who enter the Reagan Building each year.”
As the first and only federal building dedicated to government and private use, Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center houses a conference and event center, executive office space, meeting and event facilities, retail, dining and community-focused programming. It is the official World Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
Some additional features will include:
- In-depth maps identifying exhibits, tenants, restaurants, shops, restrooms and parking
- Self-guided tours detailing the history, artwork and highlights of the building
- Pertinent visitor information including hours, directions, contact information and a calendar of events
- Comprehensive transportation information, including next Metro train/bus, Capital Bikeshare locations, airport departure times and taxi information
- Educational and interactive games reflecting the significance and mission of the building