The Albany Capital Center is pleased to announce a series of consecutive events that will be open to the public for visitors to experience all the new convention center has to offer including the adaptability of the convention center. Boasting 22,500-square-feet of meeting and exhibit space, state-of-the-art technology and impeccable dining options, the ACC is an ideal location to host a variety of exciting events that are open to the public.
“While we love hosting meetings, conventions and social events, hosting consumer events where the general public is welcome to come and enjoy the Albany Capital Center is great for the area too”, said Doug McClaine, general manager of the Albany Capital Center. “The vision from the beginning for this space was to create a center were the community could enjoy everything we have to offer. With people traveling from all over to come to Albany for these shows, we are grateful to have such an impressive facility to host guests who might be experiencing the city for the first time.”
In the next six months, the ACC will open its doors to diverse events where there will undoubtedly be something for everyone to enjoy.
- Nov. 3-5: Attendees of the Northeast Ski and Craft Beer Showcase received free lift tickets across New York State trails as well as two-for-one lift tickets to Vermont resorts and exclusive deals on winter gear and equipment. At the event, guests had the opportunity to sample a variety of craft beer and wine from local and regional breweries and wineries.
- Dec. 2-3: Crafts & Christmas at the Albany Capital Center patrons will have the opportunity to shop from a selection of home accessories, designer fashions, artisan jewelry, gourmet specialty foods and much more. There will be more than 130 artisan exhibitors on the second floor of the ACC with 40 commercial vendors located on the first floor. There will also be performances by area high school choirs and a complimentary kids’ craft table ensuring fun for the whole family.
- Jan. 14, 2018: The unique and interactive Bridal & Wedding Expo will offer food samplings, dress swatches to peruse and live music. There will be bridal fashion shows and a live DJ and band showcasing the latest bridal trends throughout the day. A wide selection of wedding professionals will also be on hand to help guests select everything from accessories to catering to dance lessons. Guests will also have the opportunity to win giveaways and cash prizes including a $5,000 grand prize to spend for a couple’s big day.
- Feb. 9-11, 2018: – The 2018 Home Expo will provide guests with ideas for all of their remodeling and home improvement needs. There will be new products, helpful tips, latest trends, and great deals with hundreds of experts all under one roof.
- April 6-8, 2018: Empire State Comic Con will be the biggest pop culture convention to come to the Capital Region. This three-day event will feature celebrities from all genres of TV, movies and cartoons, some of the best names in the comic art community, as well as the greatest vendors with those hard to find toys, comics and collectibles. Celebrities will be signing autographs and taking pictures.
Since its opening in March 2017, the ACC has been showcasing its versatility by hosting a variety of groups and events, many of which were new to downtown Albany. Operated by SMG, the ACC has hosted 115 events to date and continues to bring new business to the Capital Region with additional events scheduled through 2019 and beyond.
The Albany Capital Center is a modern, premier event and meeting destination in New York’s culturally rich Capital Region. Connected to the Times Union Center, Empire State Plaza and Renaissance Albany Hotel via enclosed walkways, the convention center hosts a diverse array of trade shows, consumer and social events, and meetings for up to 5,000 guests. It boasts 22,500 square-feet of ballroom/exhibit space, six meeting rooms with 9,200 square feet of space, and 13,500 square feet of pre-function space, state-of-the-art technology, and impeccable dining options. The ACC is conveniently located in downtown Albany and within walking distance to the New York State Capitol, business and warehouse districts, performing arts venues, museums, shops, restaurants and nightlife. For more info, visit www.albanycapitalcenter.com, or contact the sales department at (518) 487-2009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.