The Meetings Show UK released its official event app to engage attendees and capture leads for exhibitors at its inaugural event for the United Kingdom’s inbound and outbound meetings industry in London from July 9-11.
Powered by DoubleDutch, a provider of mobile event technology, the app provides visitors with a tool to guide them around the event, create a schedule on the go and interact with visitors and exhibitors.
“The need for an app to allow visitors to engage with each other was very important to us. It allows attendees, including hosted buyers, to manage their own personal blend of exhibitor meetings, networking and education sessions,” said Steve Knight, event director, The Meeting Show UK.
DoubleDutch developed the app to integrate with social media, and the app utilizes new mobile badge scanning technology to maximize exhibitors’ leads.
“The Meetings Show UK is a great partner for DoubleDutch. We can help redefine the exhibition model and give attendees the latest in event technology,” said Lawrence Coburn, co-founder & CEO, DoubleDutch.
Available on mobile devices with Android, iOS and mobile Web platforms, the app requires users to create a profile and login. Only those who have The Meetings Show UK app can view information provided by other opt-in users.
The app includes:
- A social news feed detailing attendees’ likes, check-ins and status updates
- Personal profiles where individuals can upload an image and utilize private messaging services
- Personal status updates, shareable via major social media sites
- The ability to follow other individuals and comment on their status
- A leaderboard that shows how active the user is in comparison to others
- Search facility to find other users based on shared interests
- Full details of the educational and professional networking programs
- Exhibitor list with an interactive floor plan
- A photo upload function and picture stream
- Maps and general show information
- Pre-defined exhibitor profiles to allow swift set up and facilitate data capture