Trade Show Executive handed out top honors to an array of trade shows at its Gold 100 Awards & Summit, with a number of industry giants and a few exhibition surprises heading the list. Covering an expanse of 2,236,000 net square feet of exhibit space, the International Consumer Electronics Show produced by Consumer Technology Association easily topped all other U.S. trade shows to be dubbed the largest trade show of 2015, but size isn’t all that matters when it comes to putting on a successful event, Gala judges believe.
Other awards given include:
- Largest Biennial Trade Show of 2015: ICUEE, The International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition, produced by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers, had 1,206,046 nsf of exhibit space.
- Largest Semi-Annual Trade Show of 2015: MAGIC – August, produced by UBM Americas, had 1,140,800 nsf of exhibit space.
- Fastest-Growing Show in Blended Growth: IFT15 (Institute of Food Technologists), produced by the Institute of Food Technologists, grew 22.4% over 2014.
- Best VIP Program: Tie between CES, produced by the Consumer Technology Association, and PGA Merchandise Show (Professional Golfers’ Association of America), produced by Reed Exhibitions
- Slam Dunk Award for Best New Idea of 2015: Premiere Orlando, produced by Premiere Show Group
- Best Program to Help Exhibitors Maximize ROI: Cosmoprof North America, produced by North American Beauty Events LLC
- Most Extreme Results from Social Media in 2015: BookCon, produced by ReedPOP, a division of Reed Exhibitions
- Best Mobile App of 2015: VIBE, produced by Questex
- The Stickiest Show Floor: ACCN National Teaching Institute & Critical-Care Exposition, produced by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- The Do-Gooder Award: WasteExpo, produced by Penton
- Best Turnaround in 2015: ISC East (International Security Conference & Expo), produced by Reed Exhibitions
- The Marketing Genius Award: Daniela Ciocan, Director of Marketing, Cosmoprof North America, produced by North American Beauty Events LLC
- Best 24/7/365 Show Brand: CES, produced by the Consumer Technology Association
- Top Show Organizer of 2015: Emerald Expositions, producer of 12 Gold 100 shows, including ASD MARKETWeek – August, GlobalShop, HD Expo (Hospitality Design Expo & Conference), Interbike, KBIS – Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, NY NOW – August, NY NOW – January, Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, Outdoor Retailer Winter Market, Surf Expo – January, and Surf Expo – September
- The Greatest Show of 2015: Cosmoprof North America, produced by North American Beauty Events LLC
- Best Viral Show Promotion or Show Experience: E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), produced by IDG World Expo
- Most Innovative Show Overall: Cosmoprof North America, produced by North American Beauty Events LLC