Schaumburg, Ill.-based Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute announces the election of three new members to its Board of Directors for their first three-year terms (pictured above, L-R):
- Bill Couturier, Barton Malow Company
- Dean Peery, Gerdau
- Adam Simmet, Simcote, Inc.
Additionally, CRSI confirmed three members to its Board of Directors for their second three-year terms:
- Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar
- Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company
- Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc.
CRSI also thanks the following members for their service to CRSI and the industry who will be rotating off the Board:
Keith LePage, Whitacre Engineering
“I’m excited to welcome the new members to the Board of Directors as well as express gratitude to Keith LePage for his service on the Board,” says Danielle Kleinhans (pictured left), president and CEO of the CRSI. “Each member of the Board holds essential skills and perspectives that are vital to directing CRSI’s future endeavors. I look forward to the year ahead, confident in the effective leadership of our active and engaged institute members.”
The full Board of Directors was approved at the Board of Directors meeting on December 3 that was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2020/2021 Board consists of:
*Chairman – Donald Barney, Nucor Corporation
*Vice Chairman – Jeff Estep, Farwest Steel Reinforcing Company
*Secretary/Treasurer – Brad Cottrell, Commercial Metals Company
*Past Chairman – Tim Thomas, American Steel Fabricators, Inc.
*At-Large Director – Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company
- At-Large Director – Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar
- At-Large Director – Bill Couturier, Barton Malow Company
- At-Large Director – Robert McClean, Commercial Metals Company
- At-Large Director – Eugene McManus, Harrs/Nucor
- At-Large Director – Dean Peery, Gerdau
- At-Large Director – Adam Simmet, Simcote, Inc.
- At-Large Director – Chris Stowers, Commercial Metals Company
- Chairman, Marketing Committee – William Brack, Harris Rebar
- Chairman, Engineering Practice Committee – Lou Colarusso, nVent
- Chairman, Member Services Committee – Matthew Schewe, Commercial Metals Company
Region Representative Directors:
- Greater Southwestern Region Director – Marcelo Acuña, ABC Coating Company, Inc.
- Midwest Region Director – Mary Alwin, Nucor Steel Sedalia
- Northeast Region Director – Jim Melvin, Re-Steel Supply Co., Inc.
- Southeast Region Director – Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- *Western Region Director – Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc
- Chairman, CRSI Education & Research Foundation – Scott Leib, aSa – Applied Systems Associates, Inc.
- President and CEO – Dr. Danielle Kleinhans, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
Founded in 1924, the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute is a technical institute and Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that stands as the authoritative resource for steel reinforced concrete construction. Among the Nation’s oldest trade associations, CRSI offers many industry-trusted technical publications, standards documents, design aids, reference materials and educational opportunities. CRSI’s members represent more than 80 percent of the U.S. manufacturers, fabricators and placers of steel reinforcing bar and related products with 600+ locations in 49 states, and with more than 15,000 employees. Members produce, fabricate and install approximately 9 million ton of reinforcing steel per year using scrap steel in efficient manufacturing operations. It is estimated that the industry impacts more than 75,000 people in steel transportation and placement in North America. The CRSI membership also includes professionals across the country who are involved in the research, design and construction of steel reinforced concrete. CRSI staff comprises a nationwide region network of industry professionals. For more info, visit www.crsi.org