The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) announces the appointment of Jeff Estep as Chairman of the Board, along with six new officers, to navigate the institute through its next two years of operations.
Estep is the general manager of Farwest Steel Reinforcing Company and Western Coating, Inc., located in Vancouver and Auburn, Washington, respectively. Jeff has been with Farwest Steel and Western Coating for 35 years and credits the involvement with CRSI for being a key component for the success of his businesses.
“Like steel reinforced concrete, CRSI is sustainable, resilient, and strong,” states Estep, “As Chairman of the Board, I look forward to working with leadership and personnel in the coming years to further reinforce the Institute as the technical resource and a standards leader.”
In addition to Estep’s appointment, new officers on CRSI’s board include Andre Belland (Rebarfab, Inc.) and Layne Jones (Commercial Metals Company) as At-Large Directors, and Marty Lancial (Commercial Metals Company) as the new Chairman of the CRSI Foundation in a Non-Voting Director role.
CRSI graciously thanks Tim Thomas (American Steel Fabricators, Inc.), Chris Stowers (Commercial Metals Company), and Scott Leib (aSa – Applied Systems Associates, Inc.), who will be rotating off the Board for their service to the Institute and the industry.
The full Board of Directors was approved at the Business Meeting held during CRSI’s Fall Business & Technical Meeting on November 8 at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago. The 2021/2022 Board consists of:
- Chairman – Jeff Estep, Farwest Steel Reinforcing Steel Company, Western Coating, Inc.
- Vice Chairman – Brad Cottrell, Commercial Metals Company
- Secretary/Treasurer – Adam Simmet, Simcote, Inc.
- Past Chairman – Donald Barney, Nucor Corporation
- At-Large Director – Andre Belland, Rebarfab, Inc.
- At-Large Director – Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar
- At-Large Director – Bill Couturier, Barton Malow Company
- At-Large Director – Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company
- At-Large Director – Layne Jones, Commercial Metals Company
- At-Large Director – Robert McClean, Commercial Metals Company
- At-Large Director – Eugene McManus, Harris/Nucor
- At-Large Director – Dean Peery, Gerdau
- Chairman, Marketing Committee – William Brack, Harris Rebar
- Chairman, Engineering Practice Committee – Lou Colarusso, nVent
- Chairman, Member Services Committee – Matthew Schewe, Commercial Metals Company
Region Representative Directors
- Greater Southwestern Region Director – Marcelo Acuña, ABC Coating Company, Inc.
- Midwest Region Director – Mary Alwin, Nucor Steel Sedalia
- Northeast Region Director – Jim Melvin, Re-Steel Supply Co., Inc.
- Southeast Region Director – Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Western Region Director – Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc.
- Chairman, CRSI Foundation – Marty Lancial, Commercial Metals Company
- President and CEO – Dr. Danielle Kleinhans, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
*Executive Committee Member
Founded in 1924, the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) is a technical institute and Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that stands as the authoritative resource for information related to steel reinforced concrete construction. Serving the needs of engineers, architects, and construction professionals, CRSI offers many industry-trusted technical publications, standards documents, design aids, reference materials and educational opportunities. CRSI Members include manufacturers, fabricators, material suppliers and placers of steel reinforcing bars and related products as well as professionals who are involved in the research, design, and construction of steel reinforced concrete. CRSI also has a broad Region Manager network that supports both members and industry professionals. Serving the construction market in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, CRSI is headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill. with regional offices located across the United States.