The International Association of Exhibitions and Events announced the results of the elections for its 2019 Board of Directors. Members of IAEE’s Board of Directors are elected on an annual basis by the official voting member of each IAEE member company. All officers serve a term of one year, except the secretary/treasurer who may hold the office for two years. The directors each serve three years in staggered terms to ensure continuity in the governance of the association.
As senior vice president at Informa Global Exhibitions, Infrastructure Events, Thomas Cindric, Jr., CEM, has full profit and loss responsibility for Informa Global Exhibitions U.S. commercial events and several international commercial events. He was instrumental in helping Hanley Wood, prior to its acquisition by Informa, become one of the top exhibition companies in North America.
Cindric oversees the production of some of Informa’s leading events such as World of Concrete (WOC), the largest annual construction show in the U.S. and ranked 18th on the TSE Gold 100; Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport (WWETT) show, ranked 56th on the TSE Gold 100; and, with the recent acquisition of Penton, Waste Expo (WXPO) which is ranked 87th on the TSE Gold 100. Also responsible for international business development and brand extension strategies, he successfully launched World of Concrete Latin America in Mexico City in 2004, World of Concrete India in 2013, World of Concrete Europe in 2015 and World of Concrete Asia in 2017.
Cindric was instrumental in leading Informa’s acquisition of WWETT from Cole Publishing, Hanley Wood’s acquisition of Construct (formerly the CSI show) and the TFM Show, as well as overseeing the integration of Hanley Wood’s first management contract for the AIA’s National Convention and Design Exposition. As an active IAEE and SISO member, he is a frequent speaker at industry events. Cindric is also a Show Manager of the Year Award recipient and contributor to IAEE’s The Art of the Show: An Introduction to the Study of Exhibition Management textbook.
As 2019 IAEE chairperson, Cindric will focus on the changing tradeshow model, increasing IAEE’s global presence, and the expansion of IAEE’s CEM Learning Program and Women’s Initiatives. He discussed his vision during the Annual Networking Luncheon and Awards Presentation held in New Orleans last week.
“It is an exciting time, not only for IAEE, but the entire exhibitions and events industry,” says Cindric. “I am looking forward to seeing IAEE experience great growth through new initiatives and collaboration with our industry partners as we take full advantage of new opportunities before us supported by a strong foundation set by my predecessors.”
The newest members to the 2019 IAEE Board of Directors are:
- Director Marie Browne, group vice president, LaunchPad, Reed Exhibitions
- Director Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, president and chief account strategist, mdg
- Director Buffy Levy, director, event services, SmithBucklin Corporation
- Director Tim McGuiness, staff vice president global expositions, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Continuing Board of Directors members include:
- Chairperson-Elect Robert “Bob” McLean, Jr., CPA, CAE, executive vice president, Promotional Products Association International
- Secretary/Treasurer Carrie Ferenac, president, CNTV (Convention News Television)
- Immediate Past Chairperson Daniel McKinnon, CEM, vice president, client solutions – Global, FreemanXP
- Director Antonio Manuel Brito, CEM, CMP, CEO, Newevents – Organizacao de Feiras e Eventos, Lda
- Director Julie Coker Graham, president & CEO, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (SMG)
- Director Chuck Grouzard, executive vice president, Exhibition Sales, GES
- Director Justine McVaney, senior vice president event planning & operations, National Association of Broadcasters
- Director Yulita Osuba, CMP, deputy director, Orange County Convention Center
- Director Dennis Smith, president & CEO, Messe Frankfurt North America
- Director Janet Sperstad, CMP, program director, meeting and event management, Madison College.
Ex-officio Directors are:
- Xuebin Gu, CEM, founder and CEO, WeMeet representing the IAEE Asia Council
- Tom Gattuso, CEM, tradeshow director, Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) representing the Chapter Leaders Council
- Kelly Kilga, CEM, vice president, meetings & events, Association for Print Technologies representing the IAEE MATSO Council
- Chris Meyer, CEM, CMP, vice president of global business sales, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority representing the Past Chairpersons’ Advisory Group
- Joe Cascio, senior vice president sales & marketing, SMT Expo representing the IAEE Consumer Events Council
- Alysia Roden, CMP, CTA, CEM, associate director of sales, Visit San Antonio representing the Robert L. Krakoff seat
The announcement was made during Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2018 in New Orleans, La.
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely, and innovative education to its members and the industry. IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: 4imprint, a2z, Inc., BearCom, Buttine Exhibition Insurance, Convention News Television (CNTV), Delta Airlines, New Orleans & Company, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Orange County Convention Center, Streampoint Solutions and Synchronicities (Visit Anaheim, Visit Baltimore and Visit San Antonio). For more info, visit www.iaee.com.