The International Live Events Association proudly recognizes the following event professionals who recently earned the Certified Special Events Professional designation in the April 2019 testing window.
- Liz Bakunovich, CSEP, Epicurean Catering & Events, Detroit, Michigan*
- Rachel Cullari, CSEP, HP Inc., Palmyra, Pennsylvania
- Chloe Hice, CSEP, Hillcrest Country Club, Indianapolis, Indiana*
- Nela Kovacovic, CSEP, Timewise Event Management, Edmonton, Alberta*
- Carrie Lauck, CSEP, The Happy Hour Hostess, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Chelsea Lawrie, CSEP, River City Events, Edmonton, Alberta*
- Dana Macaulay, CSEP, Sonoma County Vintners, Santa Rosa, California*
- Larisa Morales, CSEP, San Antonio Detours, San Antonio, Texas*
*indicates ILEA member
ILEA endorses and manages the voluntary CSEP program for those who meet established standards. The CSEP continues a remarkable progression as worldwide recognition of the live events industry continues to evolve. Now more than ever, professionals within the industry recognize the CSEP as an influential designation for the education and the promotion of professional ethics and standards. Earning the CSEP designation demonstrates a continuous dedication to enhance individual and professional performance, and ILEA is honored to recognize each of these new recipients on earning this distinguished credential.
“These eight individuals have demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event,” says Sara Grauf, CSEP, ILEA president. “They have raised the bar of professionalism and expertise in the live events industry and I am proud to welcome them into the global CSEP community.”
To remain relevant in an ever-changing live event landscape that includes a growing demand for qualified live event professionals, the ILEA Board of Governors, in collaboration with the CSEP Certification Committee, are embarking on a year-long journey to review and enhance the CSEP exam, beginning January 2020. The next and final exam window in 2019 is October 15-30. Applications and payment are due September 1 at www.ileahub.com/CSEP.
The enhanced CSEP exam will address:
- Modernized system for test taking, including offering remote proctoring
- Simplified system for grading that offers a faster return of scoring for candidates
- Enhanced data collection for analysis
- Annual exam development that includes writing new questions and reviewing the current performance of the exam
- Increased access to the exam worldwide
The Certified Special Events Professional designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the essential knowledge, skills and abilities to perform all components of a special event. The International Live Events Association endorses and manages the voluntary CSEP program for those who meet established standards. For more info, visit www.ileahub.com/CSEP.
The International Live Events Association is a global community of thousands of creative event professionals whose skills, expertise and experience power some of the most recognized and respected live events around the world. For creative events professionals who seek deeper connections with like-minded individuals, ILEA provides the education and collaborative networking opportunities that achieve creative experiences. For more info, visit www.ileahub.com.