International Special Events Society (ISES), a global association with more than 5,000 members, named its 2014-2015 international board of governors, international affiliate chairs and U.S. regional vice presidents.
ISES is governed by the international board of governors. The board guides and monitors ISES’ strategic planning and contributes insight toward staff endeavors.
The officers of the international board of governors:
- President – Kevin White, CSEP, founder/chief strategist, XPL, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- President-Elect – Jodi Collen, CSEP, director of events and conferences, Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Treasurer – Judy Brillhart, CSEP, director of catering, Sheraton Commander Hotel, Cambridge, Mass.
- Secretary – Ingrid Nagy, CSEP, owner/CEO, Catering By Design, Denver, Colo.
- Immediate-Past President – Brian Acheson, CSEP, president, VIP Events, Dallas, Texas.
The governors of the international board:
- Eileen Bistrisky, CSEP, CMC, president and CEO, Effective Leadership Consulting, Ltd., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- David Buckley, CSEP, AFR Event Furnishings, Pennsauken, N.J.
- Gwen Helbush, CWC, president, Where To Start, Inc. Wedding & Event Management, Newark, Calif.
- Sara Hunt, CSEP, senior director, Giants Enterprises, AT&T Park, San Francisco, Calif.
- Jack Scafide, district account executive, CORT Event Furnishings, Woodridge, Ill.
- Jennifer Trethewey, managing director, The JT Group, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Steven Way, president and co-owner, ALPS/Advanced Lighting & Production Svcs, Randolph, Mass.
The affiliate chairs and the U.S. regional vice presidents are past chapter leaders and have experience to draw from when assisting chapters in their specific region. They are also the Chapters’ link to ISES headquarters and the international board of governors.
International affiliate chairs:
- Australasia affiliate chair: Gian Blundo, CSEP, ISES Melbourne Chapter
Decor-It, Tullamarine, Victoria
- Canada affiliate chair: Angela Braun, CSEP, PMP, ISES Calgary Chapter
WestJet Airlines, Calgary, Alberta
- EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) affiliate chair: James Morgan, CSEP, ISES United Kingdom Chapter
James Morgan Associates, London, UK
U.S. regional vice presidents:
- Northeast U.S. regional vice president: Alex Gorriaran, ISES Rhode Island Chapter
(add)ventures, Providence, R.I.
- Southeast U.S. regional vice president: J.C. York, ISES Orlando Chapter
Wise Guys InterACTive Entertainment, Plant City, Fla.
- Midwest U.S. regional vice president: James Riley, ISES Columbus Chapter
Ohio History Connection, Columbus, Ohio.
- Western U.S. regional vice president: Dana Macaulay, ISES Napa-Sonoma Chapter
Sonoma County Vintners, Santa Rosa, Calif.