Bringing together film festival executives from around the nation is the 10th Annual International Film Festival Summit (IFFS), the largest international organization representing the film festival industry.
Through collaborative efforts, IFFS provides programs that allow innovation and education as well as provide an understanding of how film festivals play a role in independent film while fostering growth in the arts and cinema.
From Dec.8-10 in Austin, Texas, attendees can listen as Drill Down facilitators address industry topics, providing insight, advice and feedback, in an intimate setting at the Hyatt Regency.
Drill Down sessions take place from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Festival Career: Beau Blanchard, development manager, California Film Institute
- Starting a Festival: Robin Lambaria, director, Marfa Festival
- Sponsorship: Liana Bender, development director, California Film Institute
- Social Media: Paul Cohen, director, FSU College of Motion Picture Arts “Torchlight Program
- Ticketing: Bears Fonté, director of programming, Austin Film Festival
- Budgets & Revenue Streams: Barbara Morgan, executive director, Austin Film Festival
- Legal: Stephanie Furgang Adwar, founding partner, Furgang & Adwar, L.L.P.
- Special Challenges/ Genre Film Festivals: Curran Nault, director of programming, Polari
- Filmmakers & Festivals: Rachel Miller, partner, Haven Entertainment & Gil Adler, writer, producer and director
- Distribution: David Garber, CEO, Lantern Lane Entertainment
- Grant Writing: Shawn Guthrie, program coordinator, Grants at Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences