After more than 24,000 events around the world, 480,000 centerpieces and 40 prestigious international awards and honors, MGM Resorts Event Productions, the only events company of its kind, marked a milestone March 31 when it celebrated 20 years of creating memorable, awe-inspiring events.
Just as Las Vegas continues to evolve, so has MGM Resorts Event Production. Formed in 1997 as Mirage Events with fewer than 20 employees and a 15,000-square-foot warehouse, MREP today employs more than 125 employees with a 110,000-square-foot facility. Part of MGM Resorts International, MREP is the only in-house production company of its kind in the country based on scale of staff and offerings. Producing more than 1,200 events annually, MREP has done everything from transform a large ballroom into an immersive underwater environment to elevating the visual environment for major music festivals. From design and production to event management, the team can handle any corporate, social or in-house event from start to finish.
“MGM Resorts Event Productions, which has quadrupled business in the past 10 years, reflects MGM Resorts’ commitment to meetings and events,” said LynnAnn Martin, vice president of MGM Resorts Event Productions. “No other company in the hospitality industry supports an internal event division to this level. Our growth and long-term success is a reflection of a dedicated team who meets our customers’ goals, delivers on time and on budget, and executes events flawlessly.”
MREP has never stopped developing its talent and unparalleled creativity while stretching beyond traditional on-property events. With skills in floral, set, costume and digital design; fabrication; specialized productions with custom choreography, music, performers and much more, this artistic team brings dreams and creative visions to life. The impressive results have led to demand for the company’s work all over the world, including Shanghai, Vancouver, Cancun and Bangkok.
Lenny Talarico CSEP, CHE, executive director of MREP, said, “While Las Vegas has become known as THE meetings and events destination offering planners and attendees amenities outside the norm of other locations, a full-scale event production facility is still an anomaly to find associated with a hotel group. We set the highest standards for ourselves in order to engage, entertain and inspire our customers, producing events throughout Las Vegas and world-wide.”
Just as the team and expertise have developed over time, so has MREP’s vast inventory of props and supplies. The company’s warehouse is like a candy store for event planners who can peruse the aisles and gather inspiration and ideas. Other than a Hollywood-style prop house, there’s nothing like it in the country.
Among the most award-winning event companies, MREP has been recognized by industry peers and with numerous international event production and design awards including 24 total wins at Special Event’s Gala Awards, Event Solutions’ Event Company of the Year, ILEA Esprit Awards’ Best Event Produced for a Corporation and NACE Awards’ Best Team Event of the Year. MREP’s reputation as an industry leader also has afforded the team opportunities to be featured speakers at industry conferences around the globe.
MREP’s one-stop shop approach complemented by the team’s accomplishments and growth speak volumes about the strength of the industry.
- Formed March 31, 1997 as Mirage Events
- In 2014, became MGM Resorts Event Productions
- Originally serviced 3 resorts
- Today, MREP:
- Supports all MGM Resorts properties in Las Vegas including Bellagio, ARIA, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage
- Provides services as needed to regional sister properties in Detroit, Maryland and Mississippi
- Produces events throughout Las Vegas, the United States and now the world, from Cancun and Shanghai to Vancouver and Bangkok
- 110,000-square-foot facility including:
- Areas for Fabrication, Graphics, Floral, Fabric, Linen, Warehouse and Entertainment
- 35 aisles and 250+ shelves
- 12 Party Bays for staging props
- 20,000+ vases in every size, shape and style
- 7,500 pieces of linen in over 100 styles
- 4,000+ costumes and accessories
- 3,500 chair covers
- 3,000+ drapes, swag, tents and lantern covers
- 200+ types of fabric
- More than 10 miles of cable
- Fleet of 6 moving trucks, 5 vans and 13 lifts
Events (Annual Average)
- 1,200 events
- 12 events per weekend (Record was 27!)
- 40,000+ centerpieces using 184,000 roses and 29,000 orchid stems and reused over 1 TON of sand, pebbles, stones, gems and marbles
- 125+ employees with experience in:
- Event Design & Production
- A/V Technical Production
- Movie Production and Set Design
- Theater and Entertainment
- Painting, Sculpting and Fine Art
- Fashion and Window Display
- Costumes and Drapery
- Floral Design
- Prop Manufacturing
- Digital Design and Architecture
- Comic Books and Illustration