TeamViewer, one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software, has announced the findings of its survey of over 2,500 American adults age 18 and older, conducted online by Harris Interactive in January. The survey, which was drafted based on TeamViewer’s experience hosting online meetings in the workplace, highlights that women are at the forefront of technology in the American workplace.
The results showed that, in general, women were more likely than men to see the benefits of taking their meetings online, with a majority of U.S. adults (77 percent) saying that online meetings are on the rise.
Specifically, women were statistically more likely than men to say:
- They could save money in transportation costs – (78 percent vs. 71 percent)
- You don’t have to waste time traveling to meetings – (77 percent vs. 71 percent)
- Online meetings are less nerve-wracking – (37 percent vs. 26 percent)
- People are less distracted – (22 percent vs. 16 percent)
Surprisingly, Generation X/Baby Boomers (ages 45-54) were more likely than young people (ages 18-34) to say they think online meetings save money in transportation costs (80 percent vs. 71 percent) and don’t waste their time traveling to meetings (80 percent vs. 68 percent). When asked about the characteristics most important for an online meeting host to have, women proved much more demanding than men in almost every category, including:
- Organization (81 percent vs. 68 percent)
- Fast-paced (64 percent vs. 52 percent)
- Respectfulness (60 percent vs. 50 percent)
- Fair (57 percent vs. 51 percent)
- Decisive (40 percent vs. 34 percent)
- Clever (17 percent vs. 12 percent)
Some women even said they thought online meetings hosts should be passionate (15 percent), attractive (5 percent) and blunt (6 percent).
“These findings demonstrate that women are on the cutting edge of technology and are having a big impact on the way the modern office is evolving,” said Holger Felgner, general manager at TeamViewer. “TeamViewer 7 gives them the freedom to do just that, providing a platform for online meetings at any time and on any device.”