The Certified Facilities Executive (CFE) designation from the International Association of Assembly Managers (IAAM) was earned by 12 individuals at the 2010 VenueConnect in Houston.
Prior to certification, applicants are rated on their experience and accomplishments in public assembly venue management and must successfully complete a comprehensive written examination which tests general knowledge of the public assembly venue management profession.
“Since 1976 this prestigious program has served as a distinction for those in venue management,” said John Siehl, CFE, IAAM chairman. “I would like to offer my congratulations to each of these individuals. There is no doubt that their hard work and leadership are to be admired within the industry.”
Among venue management professionals, the CFE designation is an indication of demonstrated skill in leadership, activity in community affairs and expertise in management of public assembly facilities.
The elite group now adds these CFEs to its honor roll:
- David L. Bobo, CFE: general manager, Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, Tacoma, Wash.
- Doug Booher, CFE: director, Indiana University Auditorium, Bloomington, Ind.
- Paul E. Davis, CFE: vice president of entertainment, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Matthew Edward Gibson, CFE: assistant general manager, Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena, Spokane, Wash.
- G. Todd Hunt, CFE: director, BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo, Miss.
- Lori Leyba-Kramer, CFE: assistant executive director, Portland Center for the Performing Arts, Portland, Ore.
- Will Lofdahl, CFE: assistant general manager, Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Ga.
- Gregg McManners, CFE: director of operations, Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Madison, Wis.
- Patricia McNamara, CFE: general manager, AEG Ogden, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- Brian Morris, CFE: CEO, Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust, Melbourne, Australia
- David P. Touhey, CFE: vice president, booking and entertainment, Verizon Center, Washington, DC
- Randall H. Vogel, CFE: director, theaters and operations, Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, Ariz.